Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaming industry moving into the wrong direction???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii's sales numbers aren't even close to previous console numbers, like the PS2. Considering it's supposedly aiming at a much WIDER market, I don't buy the saturation excuse.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You say that as though the ps2 had any competition.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Game Cube and Sega Dreamcast. Duh.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Here's an awesome video showing what Kinect "sees"

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Another video where he's able to measure virtual objects with Kinect. Amazingly accurate.

Comment

Object recognition using Kinect...

Comment

3D Drawing using Kinect...

Comment

Multitouch virtual interface with Kinect. Minority Report-ish.

Comment

Yeah you're as bad as Heraclitus. Video game stuff are your Ashkenazi Jews.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

This goes far beyond video games. You lack vision.

Kinect is the first generation of a very future-looking interface paradigm.

Make no mistake, this will be coming to other products other than video games. Home theatres, PCs, cars...

This is the problem with military people. Completely blind to potential and vision, focusing only on the present. What feeble minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        3D Drawing using Kinect...

That's a new one. Arabic music in a video like this.

Comment

I hate multitouch. My laptop has it and it's freaking annoying.

Comment

Holodeck
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Holodeck sales will boom upon launch, and then quickly tank. Sales will only pick up again when the self-cleaning holodeck is invented.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                This goes far beyond video games. You lack vision.

Kinect is the first generation of a very future-looking interface paradigm.

Make no mistake, this will be coming to other products other than video games. Home theatres, PCs, cars...

This is the problem with military people. Completely blind to potential and vision, focusing only on the present. What feeble minds.
                                Yes.

The stuff coming out of hacks for Kinect is more interesting than the official stuff at the moment.

I really think Microsoft should embrace the OpenSource community, release open source drivers. They could sell loads, and maintain their position firmly at the forefront of this new technology. There are loads of commercial applications which they can sell software or licences for, even if they can't make a profit on the hardware.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X