No announcement yet.

WaPo leaks results of Pentagon DADT study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how Republicans always try to deflect criticism of their stances on DADT by attacking the Democrats on completely unrelated issues.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I think DADT ought to be repealed and see no reason to delay it. That said, it also isn't a very important issue to me, as, say, 10% of the country being unable to find a job.

What I'm trying to say is that this policy is not a big deal in the grand scheme of our country and will forgive some politicians for being retarded about it.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It's a small issue, but one that politicians have a lot of control over. Whereas unemployment in a big issue, but politicians don't have much control over it.

Comment

Hitler: "I'd like to stop killing the Jews but you see it's not a big deal in grand scheme of our country."

Hauldren Collider is literally worse than a nazi.

Comment

Riesstiu

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              It's a small issue, but one that politicians have a lot of control over. Whereas unemployment in a big issue, but politicians don't have much control over it.
              These are both true statements.

On the other hand, the health care act, the "recovery act", the bank regulation act, TARP etc. are all issues of major import that pols have a lot of control over.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                Premise flawed. Given the nature of the power of government they have plenty of inlfluence in the ability to destroy jobs.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

The republicans are beginning to line up. This thing is going down in december.
                  -connorkimbro
                  "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Working...
                  X