No announcement yet.

More Stupid Religion Bollocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, now, be nice. Though, Arrian, he is correct that the entire post was condescending.

But laying the 'blame' (as it were) on the woman means you'd have blame the ex for my switch from a nominal Muslim to an atheist. Sometimes it is easier to believe that a cynical decision was made rather than someone bringing you into a situation that made a switch easier (or in the Christian context, allowed a seed to be planted within you).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I don't want to get back into the thread, but I agree with Imran with many things (including NRSV being my favorite Bible version).

JM
      (Not a univeralist yet though)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Yeah, Imran was a bit weird. He seemed to be progressing quite well and was even an atheist for a while - until he regressed into Christianity.

Still, I guess he is living proof that evolution can also go backwards as well as forwards.
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
          he did a great job of misunderstanding marxism, now he's doing the same for Christianity.
          I can't really comment on the christianity but he was certainly a clueless Marxist. I wonder what it will be next?

Comment

if you read back you'll notice that i skipped over what you said because i suspected it was irrelevant and moved straight on to insulting you for not knowing anything about anything.

i've already made several points in this thread. feel free to actually pick up on any of them...
            Well Cockney, sometimes people are just too stupid to understand your post. Is that the case with you? I'll spell it out. Elok said that it's obvious that parts of the Bible shouldn't be taken literally. You responded by saying that in the past many people have in fact taken it literally. Then my response to you was that the original meaning of the text was lost. Irrelevant? No. Are you too stupid? Or are you just being an *******?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• my later posts provide a clarification of my meaning. i even said very explicitly that i am not interested in the discussion of genesis before you posted, a response to me. which was about genesis(!) and therefore, as has already been noted, irrelevant to the point(s) i was making. reading is fundamental.

if you are unable grasp what i was talking about, after the explanations and clarifications i provided, then i really can't help you.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

my later posts provide a clarification of my meaning. i even said very explicitly that i am not interested in the discussion of genesis before you posted, a response to me. which was about genesis(!) and therefore, as has already been noted, irrelevant to the point(s) i was making. reading is fundamental.

if you are unable grasp what i was talking about, after the explanations and clarifications i provided, then i really can't help you.
                If you insist on acting like a baby why not just ignore it. Btw, it wasn't just for your reading pleasure. There are others on the website.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Calm down you two... or get a room .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                  X