No announcement yet.

How cool or uncool are the 90s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's been so much amazing music made in every decade, it's ridiculous.

My ass. The music of the 1910's was absolute ****...

Comment

The best band of the 00s is a band of the 90's, Radiohead

A second Tier band like Soundgarden is much better than Coldplay or whatever people listen to nowadays.

From 92 till 97 it was a very fine decade

around 1998 everything became crappy with boy bands, Britney, Christina, Titanic, Di Caprio and my heart will go on.

Clinton was popular all around the world, in Italy or Argentina, if your president gets a blowjob from an intern, his popularity skyrockets, damned prudish puritans who persecuted Clinton
      I need a foot massage

Comment

90's had some great, great music. It had some garbage too, sure - every decade has it's garbage. But you mention smashing pumpkins - one of my favorite all time bands, without a doubt.

As to whether it's "cool" or not - well...

being *back* at college I'm surrounded all day now by people considerably younger than myself. Anyway, I saw this girl wearing a t-shirt (it was like her senior class 2010 t-shirt or something) with a line from a vanilla ice song on it.

So I *think* that means the 90's are currently "cool." Even though vanilla ice actually sucked ass.
        -connorkimbro
        "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

If so, it's because the kids of the 90s are growing up. For a few years now, my generation of the 80s has become adults and started to influence stuff by getting a) money and b) jobs in the entertainment industry. Just look at all the remakes of old 80s classics. Now it's the 90s' turn...
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

90s were the coolest decade.

If you disagree you are either a stupid old man, or an ignorant kid. Not the perfect ideal age like me.

It was WAY better than the 80s or the 00s that's for sure.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Mike, how old are you? I thought you were a little older than me.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Yes. A little older than you.
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm born in 1986 and think the 80s were way cooler than the 90s. The 90s were all in all a pretty mediocre and boring decade. Sure you're not really impersonating an older person?

Comment

Aha! You are an ignorant kid!

If you were born in the 80s you definitely aren't able to appreciate how horrendous they were.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

I know it was a decade of lots of great and lots of not close to great music, and so horrible fashion it became cool by that right alone. A lot of what set precedence for future movie and TV show trends came about. And Norway went from a small back water to a small, but rich, back water.

All in all, not bad.

Comment

I think 90s was pretty cool. Then again it's when I spent my teen years so that might have a lot to do with it.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

the 80's was a great time to be 1-6 years old. Great cartoons
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                            I think 90s was pretty cool. Then again it's when I spent my teen years so that might have a lot to do with it.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              IIRC, we in the US had nothing on our national plate more serious than whether or not the President got a blowjob from a homely intern. And some Cuban kid in Florida. Sure, it was lame, but the fact that we had no actual worries was good. The music was mediocre, though. Everything I remember from the nineties is boring and bland. Or just irritating.
                              Yes, the good old days ... the days before Sept. 11, 2001. Everything since has been, well, topsy-turvy. Regarding music, I really despised the Seattle grunge movement from the early to mid-1990s. That and pretty much all rap music.

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Don't forget alternative rock! For most of the decade you could turn on the radio and listen to Smashing Pumpkins (or five hundred other bands just like them) groaning into the microphone while lackluster guitar riffs played in the background.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X