Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How cool or uncool are the 90s?

A simple question

Within the next month I will attend Smashing Pumkins and Stone Temple Pilots gigs, I can't help but think that I have become an uncool old fart.
    I need a foot massage

I don't like this thread. It's already making me feel old.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Having become accustomed to this tropical climate, I'd say the 90's are somewhat cool, but still uncool enough to cause you to sweat a bit. Now, 80's... that's cool!

Comment

Year Album Peak chart positions
        1991 2Pacalypse Now #64 Gold
        1993 Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. #24 Platinum
        1994 Thug Life: Volume 1 (with Thug Life) #42 Gold
        1995 Me Against the World #1 2× Platinum
        1996 All Eyez on Me #1 9× Platinum
        1996 The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory #1 4× Platinum
        1997 R U Still Down? (Remember Me) #2 4× Platinum
        1998 Greatest Hits #2 9× Platinum
        1999 Still I Rise (with the Outlawz) #6 Platinum
        Pretty ****ing cool in my book.

Comment

Drake, do you have any intention of switching back to your old account?
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The 90's sucked in everything except gaming.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

You're from Slovania. The 90s for you was like the 70s for us, which I suppose makes your statement valid.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                The 90's sucked in everything except gaming.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah what's with the rest of the world being like 20 years behind the US? I mean Slovenians probably just stopped listening to Lionel Ritchie and started listening to old Ice Cube or something.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

the rest of the world, like japan you mean?
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Watching back to the 90s documentaries are cool. Things have sure changed!

Listening to 90s music is so-so. Lots of crappy music, more crappy than any other decade than the 00s. Some great in-between. Most music I enjoy listening from there is either a) of the rare good ones, or b) crap music I listen to because it reminds me of growing up/revives good memories, but which in itself is not worth listening to.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

70's were the peak for great music in the mainstream, going forward every decade is getting worse, more corporate junk and less good music in the mainstream... so 90's are the worst since WWII but still beter than 00's
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                          70's were the peak for great music in the mainstream, going forward every decade is getting worse, more corporate junk and less good music in the mainstream... so 90's are the worst since WWII but still beter than 00's
                          OneFootInTheGrave...your name says it all...you're knocking on a bit and it is showing
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

IIRC, we in the US had nothing on our national plate more serious than whether or not the President got a blowjob from a homely intern. And some Cuban kid in Florida. Sure, it was lame, but the fact that we had no actual worries was good. The music was mediocre, though. Everything I remember from the nineties is boring and bland. Or just irritating.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

i always get somewhat annoyed when people talk about the music of a particular decade being 'good' or 'bad' or some such simplistic view. there's been so much amazing music made in every decade, it's ridiculous.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X