Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should bosses be allowed to tell their employees to cut their hair and shave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

de·sert
    3    /dɪˈzɜrt/
    –noun
    Often, deserts. reward or punishment that is deserved: to get one's just deserts.
    the state or fact of deserving reward or punishment.
    the fact of deserving well; merit; virtue.

xpost

Comment

I thought he wasn't accepted because he got injured, not that he went AWOL?

Comment

Whenever I feel like buying something computer related, I always go for the most nerd looking salesman, the morbid fat one with acne, ridiculous facial hair and glasses always knows much more than the rest who might as well be selling used cars
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Fixed. Where have you been? Philly public schools have had uniforms since around 2001 or so. I doubt we're the only city.
          What the hell does that have to do with whether companies can enforce dress codes? The entire point of mentioning private schools was because of the comparison to private companies.

You really need to curb this pedantic penchant of yours, it just leads to you looking ridiculous most of the time.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
            Whenever I feel like buying something computer related, I always go for the most nerd looking salesman, the morbid fat one with acne, ridiculous facial hair and glasses always knows much more than the rest who might as well be selling used cars
            But that's the point. Companies want the clean, nice-looking sales people who don't know ****. That way they can make sales to equally-ignorant customers who are won over by the nice, helpful sales people, and they can also pay the sales people less since they don't have any actual expertise.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              So nudity?
              Hardly. Nudity has far more unintended meanings, at least in America.

But from a personal standpoint, there's nothing wrong with nudity. It's one of the primary reasons I want to be a writer.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Too much information.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                  de·sert
                  3    /dɪˈzɜrt/
                  –noun
                  Often, deserts. reward or punishment that is deserved: to get one's just deserts.
                  the state or fact of deserving reward or punishment.
                  the fact of deserving well; merit; virtue.

xpost
                  Thank you Kuci, but your explanation is in another castle.

"Justice, desert and fairness" (or whatever order it was in) doesn't make sense. Is KH stringing together a bunch of words, one of which (desert) is nonsense, or is he making a point, albeit without any clarity?
                  "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

It's an acceptable use of the term. Though I don't agree at all that believing in justice, desert, and fairness is necessarily a bad thing. Just depends on which ones you believe in.

I myself believe in justice, desserts, and fairness. Though even the value of desserts can be situational. For instance, one of the best desserts:location is just ice:desert.

Comment

It's an acceptable use of the term. Though I don't agree at all that believing in justice, desert, and fairness is necessarily a bad thing. Just depends on which ones you believe in.

I myself believe in justice, desserts, and fairness. Though even the value of desserts can be situational. For instance, one of the best desserts:location is just ice:desert.

Comment

I once got sent home from the supermarket I worked at as an evening/weekend job when I was at school to get my hair cut. True story.

Still got paid for the time I missed.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

People who work with or around food shouldn't be allowed to have any hair. And preferably they'd take some sort of disinfectant shower before work.
                          "

Comment

Same with people who go to restaurants. And dental hygienists (whether at a restaurant or work).

Comment

I'd rather have hair in my food than disinfectant.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

I don't mind hair in my disinfectant to be honest. Adds a nice scouring action when applied.

Comment

Working...
                                X