**** virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, Alby:

These are the city limits of Calgary. Look at how much is undeveloped.

Compare that to Philly's city limits...

The reason why there's a big hole in the SW there is because there's a big Indian Reservation there.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Nice map. Calgary city hall has a less detailed one showing ~50 percent undeveloped (specifically discussing why Calgary has relatively low pop density based on naive calculation.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post

We also have massive urban parks (like Fish Creek Park at 13.2 km^2, Nose Hill Park which is 11 km^2) which still is part of the city. Not to mention the airport lands which are also part of the city which take up far more space than most airports because our runways are absurdly long due to our high elevation. We're building another 14,000 foot runway right now. YYC takes up 21.34 km^2.
        Sigh, Asher...

Fairmount Park which doesn't even account for half of the land in the park system is 16.6 square kilometers. Philly International has FOUR runways. Our SECOND airport, Northeast Philadelphia Airport, has two more runways... all within the city. We have so much highway in the city it's ridiculous. Don't forget that. Oh and two rivers with a seaport and a shipyard.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
          Nice map. Calgary city hall has a less detailed one showing ~50 percent undeveloped (specifically discussing why Calgary has relatively low pop density based on naive calculation.
          I ****ing hate you so much. You refuse to admit you made a mistake. This is so unbelievable. At least I noticed you calmed down with the ****** comments probably a grudging acceptance in your mind that you made a mistake.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Sigh, Asher...

Fairmount Park which doesn't even account for half of the land in the park system is 16.6 square kilometers.
            That's just one...I didn't even come close to mentioning all of the other parks in Calgary, just two off the top of my head that are both some of the largest in North America.

Philly International has FOUR runways. Our SECOND airport, Northeast Philadelphia Airport, has two more runways... all within the city.
            Philly International takes up ~9 square kilometers. YYC is 21.3.
            Northeast Philadelphia takes up 4 square kilometers.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Asher, I don't give a damn about what Calgary's population density really is. All I'm concerned with right now is that I proved that KH's statement in this exchange:

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Area this time:

Calgary:

Philly:

Philly metro area has 2.3x the area and 3.25x the population density

And you say you're not rural!

Asher, would you describe your next door neighbor as 'over yonder'?

Are you a ******? A difference of 30% takes you to rural?

Was completely due to the mathematical/reading comprehension error which I noted and which Kuci obligingly made as well.

Comment

Asher, I don't give a damn about what Calgary's population density really is. All I'm concerned with right now is that I proved that KH's statement in this exchange:
                I'm taking this as a sign that you admit you were wrong, I was right, and in general the status quo remains.

Comment

I'm taking this as a sign that you admit you were wrong, I was right, and in general the status quo remains.
                  Well no but take it however you would like. The population density of Philadelphia by any measure is significantly greater than Calgary's. Although I don't think you were asserting that. You just didn't like me calling it rural. I already explained that to my Philadelphian sensibilities, a city like Calgary would seem much more open and less crowded than Philly and would be positively suburban in comparison. This is just a disagreement over perception. My point that Calgary isn't as crowded as Philly stands and is true but my definition of what a city should be like is obviously not shared by you and is likely too stringent. I will re-assess my understanding of what a city should look like and repeat what I said earlier that Calgary is a good-sized city with a lot of open land all around it which would give the metro area a rural vibe and more open land within the city of Calgary itself than what you see in Philly.

Comment

I ****ing hate you so much. You refuse to admit you made a mistake. This is so unbelievable. At least I noticed you calmed down with the ****** comments probably a grudging acceptance in your mind that you made a mistake.
                    Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    Dude, you must be retarded. Compare core to core, not municipal to municipal. East coast US cities are not appropriate comparisons to prairie Canadian cities; the US cities are drawn solely around the metro core.
                    No, ******.

I simply am having trouble believing that you continued to ask for explanations for hours after being given one (within a few minutes, btw)
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well no but take it however you would like. The population density of Philadelphia by any measure is significantly greater than Calgary's. Although I don't think you were asserting that. You just didn't like me calling it rural.
                      I didn't like it because it's patently absurd and amusingly retarded.

I already explained that to my Philadelphian sensibilities
                      It turns out the terms "rural", "suburban", and "urban" are not terms relative to Philadelphia.

Comment

I didn't like it because it's patently absurd and amusingly retarded.

It turns out the terms "rural", "suburban", and "urban" are not terms relative to Philadelphia.
                        I know I know. It's cool. I'm close-minded and need to get out more. Everyone here has said that since I was a teenager.

Why don't you see that I just proved that KH is not infallible and he can make a small error? Don't let him hoodwink you as well!

Comment

• Why do you have a tranny in your avatar?

Comment

I know I know. It's cool. I'm close-minded and need to get out more. Everyone here has said that since I was a teenager.

Why don't you see that I just proved that KH is not infallible and he can make a small error? Don't let him hoodwink you as well!
                            What you've proven, sweetie, is that you're unable to read and understand an explanation posted within minutes of my initial claim, based on 30 seconds of research and an understanding of the difference between American and Canadian municipalities.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• **** this. Lie all you want, KH. This is ridiculous.

Comment

• I take it that you admit once more that your analytical ability begins and ends with numbers sourced from elsewhere, with no room for critical thought
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X