No announcement yet.

Italian seaside town planning miniskirt ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Al had better get here on the double, then.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It's a sh1t job, but somebody's got to do it!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
        I know people from third world countries who were rather horrified by Naples
        In college one of my friends was an Italian exchange student from Milan. He used to tell us "in Italy if you go south of Rome then you might as well be in Africa because it is a **** hole". True story.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Poverty is high but I've never really noticed anything particularly unusual or horrific about the toilets there...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I've certainly never seen any holes-in-floors there...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

No, not holes in the floor, just their generally dilapidated state and total lack of toilet paper.

It's the first supposedly developed country in the world I've been to where you absolutely have to have toilet paper with you at all times, just in case.

Not to mention the fact that many of them have some kind of toilet mafia lurking at the door trying to extort you of money or charging you for the non existent toilet paper - or the fact that these so called 'attendants' don't even clean their stinky toilets! So then you tell them you're not going to pay them any money and they look a cross between the fact that you're consigning their 20 children (they shouldn't be Catholics!) to a miserable hungry death and like they want to slit your throat. Bastards.

Did you ever go to the toilets at Pompeii!? The ancient Roman latrines on the site are in a better condition!

Comment

an Italian exchange student from Milan. He used to tell us "in Italy if you go south of Rome then you might as well be in Africa because it is a **** hole". True story.
                Typical Northern Italian view of the South. That says just as much about the guy from Milan as it does about Italy south of Rome.

That said, the only time anyone has every attempted to pickpocket me was in Naples. I caught the guy's hand in my pocket (I keep my wallet in my front pocket. If you really think you can get your hand in there w/o me noticeing it, you're a moron). He just walked off, to find an easier target I'm sure.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                  I keep my wallet in my front pocket.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

There is a certain 'fall in standards' basically the further south you go after Rome. But that said, people in the south seem far more genuine and nicer...

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      No, not holes in the floor, just their generally dilapidated state and total lack of toilet paper.

It's the first supposedly developed country in the world I've been to where you absolutely have to have toilet paper with you at all times, just in case.

Not to mention the fact that many of them have some kind of toilet mafia lurking at the door trying to extort you of money or charging you for the non existent toilet paper - or the fact that these so called 'attendants' don't even clean their stinky toilets! So then you tell them you're not going to pay them any money and they look a cross between the fact that you're consigning their 20 children (they shouldn't be Catholics!) to a miserable hungry death and like they want to slit your throat. Bastards.

Did you ever go to the toilets at Pompeii!? The ancient Roman latrines on the site are in a better condition!
                      I never had much bother with the toilets in Naples but I did go once in Pompeii and they weren't that great...still, I've seen much worse...I remember being in Turkey back in the late 80s...ouch.
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                        I never had much bother with the toilets in Naples but I did go once in Pompeii and they weren't that great...still, I've seen much worse...I remember being in Turkey back in the late 80s...ouch.
                        You were the inspiration for the Airplane! line?
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                        X