Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theme cooking thread!

This episode's theme: Dishes that are better after a night in the fridge

I made a pumpkin, spinach and walnut lasagna last night that I was pretty disappointed with; it was ok, but nothing special. I threw most of it in the fridge and then reluctantly dished some up for dinner tonight. I put the first bite to my lips and... what a revelation! Some kind of delicious alchemy happened in the fridge, with all the various flavors merging into a harmonious whole!

The same thing happened this weekend with the pan bagnat I made. This was planned to improve overnight in the fridge, of course, but it's still somewhat amazing how much improvement in flavor you can get by just letting something sit overnight.

So, fellas, what dishes do you make that are better the next day? Let us all know, so we can start making some of these delicious things for ourselves!

It's not that surprising. It's kind of like marinating... you're letting all the juices seep into everything.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Mashed potatoes. They're awesome fried up with some bacon the next morning.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

So this is an Oerdin dl?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Nah it seems like Drake. Oerdin never showed an interest in college football before... but good thinking... food usually equals Oerdin.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I followed the lasagna tonight with a delicious Pantaleo I picked up at a local artisanal cheese shop, paired with a very complex pinot from the Signorello Estate in the Napa Valley. It was heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
              I followed the lasagna tonight with a delicious Pantaleo I picked up at a local artisanal cheese shop, paired with a very complex pinot from the Signorello Estate in the Napa Valley. It was heaven.

No Hennessey, Tupac?

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                So this is an Oerdin dl?
                Pretty sure it's Drake.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

No Hennessey, Tupac?

There is a time and a place for Hennessey, and that is not after dinner on a Monday night.

Comment

Before breakfast on Tuesday?
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Possibly, if you are sipping it slowly while you bask in a post-coital glow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                        No Hennessey, Tupac?

There is a time and a place for Hennessey, and that is not after dinner on a Monday night.
                        Oh I get it you drink it before you face your enemies...

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher:

Comment

I am not surprised you had that bookmarked.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X