Am I EyesOfNight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I EyesOfNight?

Since so many of you don't believe me, ask me anything you want. I've been around longer than most of you. I know it's hard to accept that since many of you super geeks on here view your superiority in terms of seniority. So have at it, amuse me, entertain me as you always have.

HELL, yes. I knew as soon as I saw the name. Then I read. Then I knew for sure.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Talk about the 'breakpoints', as I believe you used to call them, that you used when playing Civ 2.

Comment

Weren't horsemen useless in civ2?
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

thats 1 more for EoN, I doubt Eco would've started this thread

Comment

Breakpoints? I think you have the wrong term. I'm not sure what you are referring to. Describe it a little more.

Horsemen were a necessity in the early rush. The idea wasn't to get the huts because you wanted to get lucky, the idea was to get the huts so the other guy wasn't lucky. I didn't care if every single hut was empty just so long as the other guy wasn't getting those huts since I knew I'd win on an even match up. Anything I got out of them was just bonus to me. The other reason for the horsemen was map control. The reason I won most my games had nothing to do with huts or anything else, it all came down to my ability to control the map with a few horsemen and force the other guy onto the defensive. Once I had the guy defending it was already too late for him since I left every single city unguarded thus maximizing my production of settlers. Furthermore I could expand further out faster allowing me to hit the key production resources.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
              Weren't horsemen useless in civ2?
              Absolutely not. What better for early exploration?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
                Breakpoints? I think you have the wrong term. I'm not sure what you are referring to. Describe it a little more.

Horsemen were a necessity in the early rush. The idea wasn't to get the huts because you wanted to get lucky, the idea was to get the huts so the other guy wasn't lucky. I didn't care if every single hut was empty just so long as the other guy wasn't getting those huts since I knew I'd win on an even match up. Anything I got out of them was just bonus to me. The other reason for the horsemen was map control. The reason I won most my games had nothing to do with huts or anything else, it all came down to my ability to control the map with a few horsemen and force the other guy onto the defensive. Once I had the guy defending it was already too late for him since I left every single city unguarded thus maximizing my production of settlers. Furthermore I could expand further out faster allowing me to hit the key production resources.
                and we have our definitive answer, yes

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

YES, YOUR KING HAS RETURNED!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      HELL, yes. I knew as soon as I saw the name. Then I read. Then I knew for sure.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Sigh,

Amusing douchbag isn't as amusing as he should be.

Shame on you Econight.
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

New forum software,

Same old DP bs.

Buggrit.
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

So, how did that business you were trying to start with your parents' money work out?
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Parent's money? I know you're idiot, but do try to at least make posts that have an ounce of truth. You should stick to posts like the topic you made about captain crunch turning your **** blue. As an academic, you excel at pointless and worthless posts that belie your below average intelligence level.

Comment

Working...
                              X