What's your favorite musical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    Les Mis is the only one I could ever sit through without wanting to eat the business end of a shotgun, so Les Mis it is.
    I bet you'd love Avenue Q.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

As musicals go, West Side Story can be forgiven for the NYC 60's imagery, and the South Park film has the saving grace of being South Park, but apart from that, as a male heterosexual adult, I find musicals are best avoided.

Comment

Cats
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh, and

Comment

Boris Godunov
            "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
              Boris Godunov
              Don't think I'll forget this insult.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                You couldn't sit through South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut? It's low class, sure, but not uninteresting...
                I thought we were only talking about theatre. If we're including film, then by all means, SP:BLU.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

So, just to be clear, we're all in agreement here--Tupac is Drake, right? I'll expect to see you in the college football thread.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I thought we were only talking about theatre. If we're including film, then by all means, SP:BLU.

Films are included. Guys and Dolls has been great every time I've seen it on stage, but Sinatra is still the definitive Nathan Detroit in my eyes.

I'll expect to see you in the college football thread.

I don't have much use for sports, although I do occasionally watch hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      So, just to be clear, we're all in agreement here--Tupac is Drake, right? I'll expect to see you in the college football thread.
                      I don't see why he's Drake. It's not like Drake was banned and needs a DL, right?

I'd be more inclined to think he was another loinburger DL.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                        On a side note, I always contended that Poetic Justice should've been a musical, but John Singleton was adamantly against it. Idiot; did he really think the public wouldn't accept a musical starring myself and Janet Jackson at the height of her popularity? That would've been a bonafide hit and might have breathed some life into a sadly moribund movie genre...
                        Make sense.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                          Ooooooookay.

And Les Mis.
                          It took me several minutes to realise that was Les Miserables. You Americans and your desire to shorten anything longer than 5 letters.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

5. Guys and Dolls

Here is a site that may provide reminders.

Comment

Pretty good list, although I think Sweeney Todd is a little high at #3.

Comment

You know, as crazy as the DL maker may think this is, it's actually not even all that off the wall...

At the age of twelve, Shakur enrolled in Harlem's 127th Street Repertory Ensemble and was cast as the Travis Younger character in the play A Raisin in the Sun, which was performed at the famous Apollo Theater. In 1986, the family relocated to Baltimore, Maryland.[20] After completing his second year at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School he transferred to the Baltimore School for the Arts, where he studied acting, poetry, jazz, and ballet. He performed in Shakespeare plays, and in the role of the Mouse King in The Nutcracker.
                                But 2pac was more of a ballet kind of guy than a musical guy, it seems.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X