No announcement yet.

Who fancies this as a career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get antsy just looking at the damned video. I will stick to jobs were the consequence of falling is less severe.
    Last edited by GePap; September 15, 2010, 19:37.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Actually I did a summer job building warehouse racking. Poor move considering I am s**t scared of heights, and rather than cure it, the job just exacerbated it...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:22.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'm scared of heights, but I love fell walking. Fell is a Norse word for hill/mountain that is used in England for our (modestly) highest peaks - mainly in the Lake District in Cumbria, where I go every year. I love the views, the exhilaration of the climb, and the sense of achievement, but ledges, ridges and precipices can seriously freak me out.

Apart from a few adventures when I'd stupidly and needlessly got myself into trouble in my youth, the most memorable experience was probably the Chimney detour on Lord's Rake on Scafell - a famous mountain and a dramatic ascent. Lord's Rake itself has claimed a few lives in its time but didn't bother me too much as it was a gully - ie: it was steep and perilous but importantly there was rock either side, but the Chimney detour led out to a vertical climb with a huge, un-ignorable deathly drop in a vast open space to the left, with a towering wall of rock on the other side of the nothingness.

The huge emptiness of the drop was somehow amplified by the wall on the other side of the chasm, and while the existential thrill of scrambling for every handhold and foothold was exhilarating, knowing that any mistake was certain death, the relief of finally hauling myself up to safety out of the chimney onto the safe, flat and welcoming lawn of the summit was unforgettable.

Comment

I can stand on a fire ant mound and be higher up than any point in England.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Gosh, that's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                Gosh, that's impressive.
                What's more impressive is that Texas looks like this all over the entire state:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You're so full of crap.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    You're so full of crap.
                    say that's not Texas and that Texas isn't flat as old soda?
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It could be a part of Texas. This was your statement,
                      Texas looks like this all over the entire state

These are also Texas.

East Texas Piney Woods area.

The Hill Country, south between Austin and San Antonio.

Davis Mountains in far West Texas

Palo Duro Canyon in the Panhandle. The 2nd largest canyon in the U.S.

North Texas Bluebonnets

Comment

Video's removed, damn it.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                        X