Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just had a baby!

Yes, it's true.

I just had a baby. Wow! What a year... a real princess came out today (14th of Sept) and is healthy. Everything went well. Needless to say to you guys who've attended this whole process, it's really special and it's amazing how much people can take pain. But at the end, a prize is awaiting and it's worth it. A small person right there, looking you at the eyes, little squinty eyes just opening for the first time in their lives and seeing the world. They are crying and their chin flaps and they shake, but then you wrap them in a blanket and hold them and they look you in the eye and become totally calm and quiet. It's the weirdest thing.

You are sort of uncertain with the way you handle it, but you sure as hell won't drop it! It's the most valuable thing you have ever held in your arms and will ever held in your arms. She is a stranger in a way for the first seconds, but you already know you want to protect and provide for her no matter what it takes. All the other things in the world pales in comparison. From cutting the umbilical cord into cleaning it and giving her the first diapers, every moment is first and will last forever. It's one of the only irreversible things in the world: you can marry and get a divorce, you can do pretty much anything and in a way undo it as well, but becoming a parent will last forever. Once you are a father, you will always be a father, even if they child wouldn't like you. You're still a father.

It's totally amazing. Everything went well, and the whole place was great where we were at. They even had a kitchen for fathers, so we can make snacks for ourselves for free, it had everything: coffee, cookies, bread (all kinds), cheeses, fruits, vegetables, just everything you could imagine.

The only thing that didn't go as planned was the fact that we wanted a family room, meaning that we could spend 2 to 3 days there together 24/7, but none where available right now so I had to come home and we probably won't get one so I have to leave 10PM every night back at home. So now I have to go to sleep since it's 4.30AM and I want to be there in the morning to give mom some rest and also to see my little princess She's gorgeous!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Congratulations!

There now is a mini pekka-she
    Last edited by GePap; September 14, 2010, 22:42.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Comment

wtfp?
        Unbelievable!

Comment

not to distract you from your bundle of joy, but how are you doing Pekka?

Comment

Pekka, are you dating/married? Because stealing some woman's baby doesn't count as "having one".

Congrats.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well done, man. Well done.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

congratulations man
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Good luck with this project, Pekka.

Comment

That is great, Pekka, my congratulations!
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

That's so cool, Pekka. Congrats to the blessed parents.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Congrats.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What is so fascinating is that in large part this child will be bestowed with the thoughts that you and the mother pass on during the first year. Good luck.

Comment

Congratulations, Pekka and Mrs. Pekka.

Happy Birthday, Pekkarette.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Congrats Pekka.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X