Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
    Silly. Don't feed trolls.
    You only say that because, like HC, you are unable to challenge my remarks.

Today I saw some people on the street cheering and waving an American flag to celebrate 9/11. They were all smiles and joy over this national tragedy. However, because of how 9/11 has been twisted so much for political goals, it's no wonder common people are confused. During one president's term the media calls him infallible and accuses his critics of being traitors simply because he is the president. Then during the next term that same media drags this once esteemed office through the mud despite disappointingly similar policies between the two administrations. It's no wonder people like DD and HC are confused and don't know when to be happy and when to be sad anymore.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
      RIP...

But I have to say, that image looks like a penis.
      Which? Actually, both of them do.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I was at work and tracked it through the Interwebs -- mostly cnn.com, where I saw most of it on a live feed -- the second tower getting hit, the collapse of the first tower, etc. After a couple hours, we dragged in a TV. Certainly, no work was getting done that day.

It was a pretty memorable day. Right up there with the moon landing, Nixon resignation and JFK assassination.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

JAHANNEM, OUTER DARKNESS—The hijackers who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon expressed confusion and surprise Monday to find themselves in the lowest plane of Na'ar, Islam's Hell.

I love how the Onion can make funny stories following tragedies that don't offend anyone.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

That wasn't funny at all. That was revenge masturbation for small-dicked retards. I pity whoever finds that amusing.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Has anyone here seen the 9/11 documentary by the french Naudet brothers? If so what are your opinions of it?
              "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

Nice one, HC.

I'm curious what one's opinion of the Naudet brother's film could be. Extremely moving.

You can see the segments here: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+brothers&aq=f
                Last edited by SlowwHand; September 11, 2010, 22:08.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wonder if there will be a 26/12 thread - probably not
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    Which? Actually, both of them do.
                    I was thinking of the OP.

Comment

A sad day for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                        Where were you and what were you doing?
                        I was in the cafeteria on campus for breakfast as an undergraduate student. Just less than two months before, I had come back home from Ecuador to the fact that my partner had committed suicide in our apartment while I was overseas.

That day in the cafeteria, I was still finding a way to put my life back together when a professor turned the televisions on to news stations. And I saw the first burning tower - the second had not been hit yet.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                        X