Hey, HC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Unfortunately summer ended and now I'm technically unemployed. That said, I am at the

#1 HIGH SCHOOL IN AMERICA

again.

Steven Chu and Arne Duncan have visited TJ during my time here, however Obama is unlikely to be interested in visiting TJ because when guest speakers visit we* like to ask "difficult questions" and get vocally upset when they are inevitably dodged.

*there is a substantial minority of students that enjoy this behavior. They see it as a sophisticated prank. Many however think it is obnoxious. Personally I'm conflicted because I think these questions are fair game, but then again visits by important people often result in $$$

Also, the administration sometimes cracks down on this by reviewing your questions beforehand and are careful to pick students that won't offend. But they didn't when Duncan visited.
    #1 high school in america is like wearing your ****ing high school football championship ring well after the fact.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

My school was also featured in the movie The Happening, by the way

As for the rest of the article:

Masterman, at 17th and Spring Garden Streets, is consistently Pennsylvania's top performer in 11th-grade math and reading scores. It's also typically ranked in U.S. News and World Report's top 100 high schools.

Spots in the school are highly coveted; some parents go so far as to ask politicians to write letters of support for their children to win admission. Students must have high PSSA scores, excellent grades, and good behavior to enroll in Masterman.

The children of many of the city's movers and shakers attend the school. Mayor Nutter's daughter, Olivia, is a 10th grader there.

Actors Kevin Bacon and Will Smith attended the school, as did concert violinist Leila Josefowicz.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Everyone can please stop counter-trolling Alby on my behalf. The disparaging comments aren't clever, just rude, so they aren't funny. And honestly Alby is reasonably intelligent as long as he isn't talking about higher education, Jews and women. Believe me, I don't need your reinforcement to know that I go to a good high school.

Also @MRT144: We have gotten #1 from US News every single year since they started giving out the award.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Always happy to give someone a laugh, Alby. But I'm being serious. I'm tired of the unfunny insults being thrown at people when Ben Kenobi* is still on the forum. If you're gonna be a dick, at least be ****ing funny for christ's sake.

*plus a few other idiots
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I have no intention of cutting him any slack, dude.

Comment

Always happy to give someone a laugh, Alby. But I'm being serious. I'm tired of the unfunny insults being thrown at people when Ben Kenobi* is still on the forum. If you're gonna be a dick, at least be ****ing funny for christ's sake.

*plus a few other idiots
                speaking of which, I know you don't care about football, but even you, with your little knowledge, might find this incredibly insane...

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                [Doug] Flutie was better than [Jim] Kelly, [John] Elway, [Boomer] Esiason and [Randall] Cunningham.

Comment

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

The most attractive woman self biased has ever posted on Apolyton

Comment

Did someone seriously use a US News ranking to try to justify something?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        **** this thread.
                        QFT.

><

Small penis contests.
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Everyone can please stop counter-trolling Alby on my behalf. The disparaging comments aren't clever, just rude, so they aren't funny. And honestly Alby is reasonably intelligent as long as he isn't talking about higher education, Jews and women. Believe me, I don't need your reinforcement to know that I go to a good high school.

Also @MRT144: We have gotten #1 from US News every single year since they started giving out the award.
                          Or economics, finance, the job market,...
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

One post, two post
                            Red post, blue post
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Please people, my alma mater went with Coco:

Thread close.... (fine, probably not. Still, funny speech)
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:35.
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X