No announcement yet.

Does Glenn Beck believe in this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On topic, I was just reminded by WaPo that Glenn Beck has accused Obama of believing in Liberation Theology that "perverts the Gospel message." In that context, yeah, I think it's actually appropriate to bring up the Mormon thing...
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Well at least they aren't doing so here in the US. I'm not sure I agree with the tax exemption, but I believe it was decided in a court case that the government was restricting religion by taxing it.

Right, in the US we should be talking about various evangelists.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Well at least they aren't doing so here in the US. I'm not sure I agree with the tax exemption, but I believe it was decided in a court case that the government was restricting religion by taxing it.
        I don't understand that. Is the government restricting free speech if it taxes a news organization?

Comment

Yeah, I agree that it makes no sense.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Churches which do certain activities (including campaigning for politicians/etc) can lost tax exempt status I believe.

Additionally, churches all fall under the area of charities. Yes, that includes the ones whose only charitable act is to preach.

Churches mostly subsist on gifts, gifts are not taxed.

Finally, churches are (at least theoretically) non-profit. Non-profit organisations are tax exempt.

JM
            (This is ignoring the argument that to be able to tax is to be able to destroy, which you said you don't like.)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You are wrong HC, the Supreme Court has never specifically addressed the issue and the lower federal courts have held that the tax exemption churches have is a matter of grace not right. However, I think some state constitutions exempt religious organizations from state taxes.
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Ah, thank you for the clarification.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                X