Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Glenn Beck believe in this?

I need a foot massage

Glenn Beck is a mormon? Another reason to not take him seriously.

Comment

Are those really Mormon teachings?

Still, no less valid that any other religious superstitions I guess, though I doubt Becks many evangelical followers would be as tolerant....
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Glenn Beck is a mormon? Another reason to not take him seriously.
        Keith Ellison is a Muslim? Another reason not to take him seriously.

Eric Cantor is Jewish? Another reason not to take him seriously.

JFK is Catholic? Another reason not to take him seriously.

Intolerance
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post

Intolerance
          The Mormon faith was founded by intolerant bigots:

But just as you see a big difference in the Christianity of a Ben Kenobi and an Imran, so too, I suppose, many Mormons do not follow the crazy, evil bits.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That may or may not be true.

What is definitely true is that it is just terrific fun corrupting Mormon college chicks. Ah, those were the days.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The mormon faith was founded when we still had slavery.

Comment

Brigham Young:

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 110).
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

As was just about every other faith on Earth, other than Scientology, which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Comment

Do NOT refer to scientology as a "faith" or "religion."
                    Thank you.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Intolerance
                      There is a difference between no established religion plus freedom of religion and voting based on religion. While I personally think it is silly, it is valid to vote for somebody because their beliefs line up with yours--be it political beliefs, religious beliefs or both.
                      While I personally think it's silly, it is perfectly valid to not give a crap what Glenn Beck thinks because he's a mormon.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Do NOT refer to scientology as a "faith" or "religion."
                        Thank you.
                        I find it no nuttier than anything the Mormons believe. Or that a Judean carpenter came back to life after being nailed to a tree 2,000 years ago, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

As was just about every other faith on Earth, other than Scientology, which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
                          My point is that you can't go barking about people's morals at the time. It makes no sense. The sense of morals has changed. It was an xpost btw, I was responding to Alby.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            I find it no nuttier than anything the Mormons believe. Or that a Judean carpenter came back to life after being nailed to a tree 2,000 years ago, for that matter.
                            But those aren't money scams. Anymore, at any rate.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              While I personally think it's silly, it is perfectly valid to not give a crap what Glenn Beck thinks because he's a mormon.
                              Voting for is far different than taking seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X