Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it be possible in the future to get natural rhythm like black people through gene therapy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you genetically hack it in, it's not really "natural."
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

"Natural" in this case is describing the character of the rhythm, not its provenance.
      Last edited by Kuciwalker; August 22, 2010, 22:17.

Comment

I'm still working on a way to jailbreak my DNA.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The year after I moved to Portland, my parents came out to visit me from Maryland. They took me, my then-roommate and his girlfriend to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. My mom had a hat trick of offensive remarks:

1) The mildest was her insulting some music I had brought along for a car ride earlier where we drove out to Multnomah Falls and Mt. Hood. She had asked me to bring CDs since they were in a rental car, and I grabbed a variety. She picked out the Brahms Requiem, but at dinner complained that the music I chose was too "screechy."
          2) She kept asking my roommate's girlfriend Paula, who is Hispanic, what the Spanish words on the menu meant. Paula actually doesn't speak Spanish, so she was just saying "I don't know," while my dad, who eats Mexican all the time, answered.
          3) And (to the point of the thread), my mom told my roommate Reggie, who is black, that he should come to the lily-white private school where she works and teach the kids how to dance. I about choked on my enchiladas, since I am a better dancer than Reggie.

At least she hasn't asked me for decorating tips.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If you can't dance, perhaps it's because you're a bit of a spastic. It's definitely not because you're not black.

Actually, as far as I'm concerned a sense of rhythm is a form of intelligence, broadly speaking. Although given this place's backward propensity to consider intelligence as only an ability to do intelligence tests, I doubt the idea will get much traction here.

Comment

Your mother is offensive, Boris.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

My ability to dance follows Hooke's law, only with alcohol instead of force.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                  "Natural" in this case is describing the character of the rhythm, not its provenance.
                  So, if we one day replace silicone with stem cells or something, will every woman be able to have "natural" large breasts?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

No, only naturally jiggly large breasts
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Your mother is offensive, Boris.
                      This is why I don't let her interact with my friends very much.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                      X