Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it be possible in the future to get natural rhythm like black people through gene therapy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it be possible in the future to get natural rhythm like black people through gene therapy?

I would totally pay for that, I wish I could dance
    I need a foot massage

Besides, aren't you Latino? I thought you guys are supposed to have that down as well? Like every damn dance came from you guys... tango, salsa, mambo, samba... jesus, you guys are on top of dancing, come on!
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The only thing that keeps that from being the funniest thing that I ever heard, is that it's actually a legitimate question.
      I think I'd have to vote "Yes".
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What gene praytell results in 'rhythm'?

And besides, my point stands... You're a Latino, Barnabas! Are you actually like 100% Swedish or something and you're 1st generation immigrant? Cause if we're talking sweeping racial associations here, Hispanics can dance their asses off. They're the ones known for dancing. Black people can play bass guitars and drums. You guys are the dancers.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The foot gene.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm thinking that by our American standards, Barnabas is freaking Fred Astaire, just he thinks he's a bad dancer because everybody he knows is better than him.

It's like a guy with 120 IQ among a group of 130 IQ people... like yeah, he's not as smart, and he might notice it and think he's dumb, but come on!

Comment

Anyway, I saw this cool video:

Comment

I am of german and ashkenazi ancestry, I compare myself to my friends who are mainly argentines of spanish-italian ancestry and I suck horribly.

Btw, the latinos who are reknown for their dancing skills are those from countries with many blacks, like Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Colombia,

I don't think that Mexicans, who are mainly of spanish and amerindian ancestry, are known as great dancers in the USA.

Look at this brazilian video that displays lots of regular brazilian people, adults, old and kids, from the north east. I could not do what that old black woman with the tunic that suddenly appears at 01:37 does

I need a foot massage

Comment

yeah brasilians can dance. i know one type of dancing; bad dancing! i stick out like a sore thumb here...

several girls have tried to teach me to dance samba. result: sore feet for them!
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I am of german and ashkenazi ancestry
                    It's the education and the posture. It has nothing to do with genes.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                      I would totally pay for that
                      I'd only want to do that if it allowed me to do this to children.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I actually thought that Heraclitus or Caligastia had hacked Barnabas' account to make this thread...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:08.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I have all the dancing ability that my nationality would suggest
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Like anything else, this can be learned. I am positive that if you really watched people danced, mimicked it, practiced, and maybe took a dance class, you'd have it down in no time.

Comment

Working...
                              X