Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics or it didn't happen.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Moscow deaths double amid smog to 700 people a day

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Not good.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That's incredible!
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Have they got most of those wild fires put out yet or are they still raging out of control?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Deaths in Moscow have doubled and are now averaging 700 people a day amid a sweltering heat wave and poisonous smog from wildfires, a top Russian health official says.

It looks like they haven't put the fires out yet.

Comment

In Russia the fires put you out.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I think trolling in this thread is kind of inappropriate. Call me a killjoy, but this is pretty tragic.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    I'm thinking it might be time to hunker down under the bed with a bottle of Jack and some sleeping pills, how about you guys?
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      I think trolling in this thread is kind of inappropriate. Call me a killjoy, but this is pretty tragic.
                      In Soviet Russia, joy kill you!
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Today we had a smog-free afternoon. After work, I went for a walk with my girlfriend and on the way home kept imagining how awesome the night will be: cool breeze gently ruffling my leg hair, no need to sleep with a wet napkin on your face... By the time I got home the wind had brought more smog.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post

I think there is a difference between trolling and goofing around.

If you want to accuse me of having bad taste in humour, np. I agree. I'm twisted that way.

Of course this is tragic but I doubt I have taken anyone away from preparing relief kits for Russian children or writing aid cheques to the Clean Air Society.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I feel for you A couple of years ago we spent a couple of weeks with an ash cloud from nearby fires, in mid summer, and it was totally unbearable.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                              In Russia the fires put you out.
                              That seems to be the case:

He said city mortuaries are close to their capacity, with 1,300 bodies.

Acrid smog blanketed Moscow for a sixth straight day on Monday, with concentrations of carbon monoxide and other poisonous substances two or three times higher than what is considered safe.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                                They're all dead.
                                Wow, a Russian shortage on stereotypical shortage queuers!
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X