Welcome to ****ing Silent Hill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to ****ing Silent Hill.

It's been a week since the smog descended on Moscow. The only thing I can see out of my office window is the building opposite, everything else is murky white. The sun is non-blindingly orange, even at noon. Outside, I have to wear a wet mask and keep an eye out for the Pyramid Head.
    To top it off, the temperatures still reach 40C in the afternoon. With every a/c in Russia already sold and blokes who install them working 24/7 to clear their backlog of installations, there's no chance to get one. This means you either choke on the smoke or steam in your own sweat. I demand northwestern wind and heavy rain!
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Move to Canada.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I saw that in the news. It doesn't seem like it would be very healthy.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Move to Canada.
        By the time I get a visa, this will already be over. Also, I don't want to move to Canada. It's like a more well-kempt but insignificant version of Russia.

Comment

The only thing more insignificant than Russia in 2010 is the Czech Republic.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            The only thing more insignificant than Russia in 2010 is the Czech Republic.
            Sorry, I'm not Serb, you can't bait me this way.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
              It's been a week since the smog descended on Moscow. The only thing I can see out of my office window is the building opposite, everything else is murky white. The sun is non-blindingly orange, even at noon. Outside, I have to wear a wet mask and keep an eye out for the Pyramid Head.
              To top it off, the temperatures still reach 40C in the afternoon. With every a/c in Russia already sold and blokes who install them working 24/7 to clear their backlog of installations, there's no chance to get one. This means you either choke on the smoke or steam in your own sweat. I demand northwestern wind and heavy rain!
              Russia always seems to have a shortage....
              Please put Asher on your ignore list.
              Please do not quote Asher.
              He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Yeah, were there old women in headscarves queueing for them? A shortage in Russia is just not the same without them
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                  Yeah, were there old women in headscarves queueing for them? A shortage in Russia is just not the same without them
                  They're all dead.

Comment

Well that's a pity - they were all such lookers too
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In Soviet Russia, air conditioning installs YOU!
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Like that the video game analogy post ended with a reference to "Heavy Rain". Now there's a game that tries too hard to imitate life

Comment

It's been in the 70's F here all week. Sorry to hear it is in the 100's in Moscow.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              It's been in the 70's F here all week. Sorry to hear it is in the 100's in Moscow.

San Diego really ****ing ruined weather for me.
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                              X