• Sticky: Poll: Damnit vs Dammit

Pick your poison
    Damnit
    41.38%
    Dammit
    37.93%
    INVALID POLE LOL
    20.69%
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

polish invalids

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        How long have you been waiting to post that?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

nm
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Damn it.

Comment

People who use dammit have repressed beaver tendencies.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Can any of the "dammit" voters defend the stupidity of that spelling?

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 26, 2010, 19:05.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I can defend the spelling by never having to spell it. If Im going to say 'damn it' I might have well have said 'darn it'
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Godammit!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                        'dammit' has bettar flow and is smoother to read. it can be pronounced with one syllable.

'damnit' is 2 syllables and makes the reader pause for a moment, which breaks sentence flow.
                        What the ****?

Comment

AAHZ clearly is one of those retards who talks out loud as he reads. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Although I would still like to hear how dammit can be spoken as 1-syllable.
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Dammit and Damnit are pronounced the same. Perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Dammit and Damnit are pronounced the same. Perplexing.
                              It's AAHZ.

Maybe he's thinking Damnit like Damned it.

The two are pretty much used the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X