Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good idea? (Chinese tunnel buses)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good idea? (Chinese tunnel buses)

go to 00:52

I need a foot massage

wut.

I mean, it might be a good idea. If anyone in China had a car, that is.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

It would work well for main roads, but the cornering capabilities look pretty limited.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

How does it turn with cars under it?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Did the fancy pants engineers behind this even wonder what happens when it has to turn at let's say 30 mph and it has 5 cars under it? You're relying on synchronized turning which is absurd to begin with. Then what if it has to turn on its route and I want to keep going straight? What if it has to keep going straight and I want to turn? What the ****? This thing is retarded.

It starts turning and I don't turn with it and I smash into the side of it or slam the breaks and the 4 cars behind me follow suit while all the passengers towering over the street get thrown about.

Wow.

Here's a question... are the Chinese what you would call good drivers?

If this thing were only for straight-aways like a main street through the city, it could make sense. If it ever has to turn, it's retarded.
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 4, 2010, 13:45.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I don't see this working. Some ******* will be in a hurry and end up getting crushed to death.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If it's going to be used only on streets that are like Broad Street here in Philly where it's straight and goes across the city, then it's a fine idea. It's a cheaper alternative to building a subway or elevated rail. If there's any turning whatsoever, it's shockingly retarded because it assumes synchronized turning is possible.

The only thing is, now that I really watch the animated segments, there is a part where all the cars underneath stay behind at a stoplight and the bus turns. I guess that could work then.

Comment

Chinese drivers are terrible and this simply wont work until they codify and enforce traffic laws.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Did the fancy pants engineers behind this even wonder what happens when it has to turn at let's say 30 mph and it has 5 cars under it? You're relying on synchronized turning which is absurd to begin with. Then what if it has to turn on its route and I want to keep going straight? What if it has to keep going straight and I want to turn? What the ****? This thing is retarded.

It starts turning and I don't turn with it and I smash into the side of it or slam the breaks and the 4 cars behind me follow suit while all the passengers towering over the street get thrown about.

Wow.

Here's a question... are the Chinese what you would call good drivers?

If this thing were only for straight-aways like a main street through the city, it could make sense. If it ever has to turn, it's retarded.
                    Watch the video at ~5:35 to see how turning works. A red light tells all of the cars to stop at the intersection so that there are no cars under it when it is turning. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to run a red light while under a tunnel bus that is going to turn.

edit: nevermind, I didn't see your next post

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      Watch the video at ~5:35 to see how turning works. A red light tells all of the cars to stop at the intersection so that there are no cars under it when it is turning. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to run a red light while under a tunnel bus that is going to turn.
                      Yeah I got that. How do they see the red light though?

Also, here's part of the translation:

Nowadays many big cities have remodeled their traffic signaling system, to prioritize public buses, that is to say when a bus reaches a crossing, red light on the other side of the fork will turn on automatically to give buses the right of way. Our straddling bus can learn from this BRT method. The car can make the turn with the bus if that is the direction it wants to go too; if not, the red light will be on to stop the cars beneath while the bus take the turn.
                      Good luck with that one, buddy! Synchronized turning! I'd love to see that working.

Comment

Yeah I got that. How do they see the red light though?

Also, here's part of the translation:

Good luck with that one, buddy! Synchronized turning! I'd love to see that working.
                        If you can stay in your lane while turning, you should be able to handle synchronized turning.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          If you can stay in your lane while turning, you should be able to handle synchronized turning.

You do realize that your 'lane' will be moving as well, right? And that the turning circle of a big bus like that is very different from that of a car at a given speed. And that's not even considering the fact that the bus is moving faster or slower than you.

Comment

WTF why did they build a giant mechanical slug that eats cars?
                            "

Comment

You do realize that your 'lane' will be moving as well, right? And that the turning circle of a big bus like that is very different from that of a car at a given speed. And that's not even considering the fact that the bus is moving faster or slower than you.
                              No, the walls of the bus are following lines on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X