No announcement yet.

Is there a way to increase appetite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that there is something seriously wrong with you. Every time that I have to do hard physical work, wether that be military march in full gear, factory work or simple garden digging, I wolf down all the food I can get my hand on.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Man, I don't really know how trolling works, but are you suppose to make yourself look like a dumbass Al. B Sure!? I don't get what the motivation is.
      How do I look like a dumbass? Explain it to me. I don't feel like going into strength vs. endurance for military applications and how it relates to me. Is that what you're talking about?

Blackcat:

Yeah but I'm not doing anything that physically demanding. Just squats, press, bench, pullups and easing back into running. When I get sufficiently stronger, I'll switch to a more Crossfit metabolic conditioning program.

Regardless, I have found that a lot of times I don't have an appetite after working out hard. In fact, I find it difficult to keep down food that I eat if I just had a tough workout. I obviously had no such problems at OCS, however, but regularly I do. Seriously, my body wants to vomit if I force down food after a tough workout.

As a general thing, I think also, like I said, my diet by being fairly high in fats and low in carbs is very satiating. Generally, non-fiber carbs never really fill you up and you can eat a crapload of cereal or what have you.

I mean I'm taking in over 3000 calories but I probably need more to continue my strength gains (not to mention a buffer so I don't start losing strength when I really start running).
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Wild guess: The gallon of whole milk might be the issue.
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Probably. That's 2400 calories over a day so that's pretty filling. However, it's also 2400 easy to consume calories so that's not coming out of my diet. I doubt I'd be able to replace it with 2400 calories of food.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Yeah but I'm not doing anything that physically demanding. Just squats, press, bench, pullups and easing back into running. When I get sufficiently stronger, I'll switch to a more Crossfit metabolic conditioning program.

Regardless, I have found that a lot of times I don't have an appetite after working out hard. In fact, I find it difficult to keep down food that I eat if I just had a tough workout. I obviously had no such problems at OCS, however, but regularly I do. Seriously, my body wants to vomit if I force down food after a tough workout.

As a general thing, I think also, like I said, my diet by being fairly high in fats and low in carbs is very satiating. Generally, non-fiber carbs never really fill you up and you can eat a crapload of cereal or what have you.

I mean I'm taking in over 3000 calories but I probably need more to continue my strength gains (not to mention a buffer so I don't start losing strength when I really start running).
            Uhmn, that's why I think that there is something wrong with you - you work out hard but isn't hungry - that isn't natural - you should be eating whatever you are served even if it's cow stomachs or sheep brains.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Probably. That's 2400 calories over a day so that's pretty filling. However, it's also 2400 easy to consume calories so that's not coming out of my diet. I doubt I'd be able to replace it with 2400 calories of food.
              I suspect it's making you feel too full in calories/volume.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

No carbs, WTF???

1 gallon of milk has 352 grams of carbs.

From the sites I'm looking at you'll need to increase carbs to gain. I decrease carbs to lose.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Well yeah milk has a crapload of carbs... so does fruit and vegetables... the point is that those are my primary sources of carbs. 400 grams of carbs is 1600 calories from carbs. If you're eating 4000 calories, that's not significant at all. Generally, I try to have a 40:30:30 ratio of calories from carbs, fats, and proteins. That's considered ideal according to Barry Sears' Zone Diet.

I don't want to increase carbs singly... ideally, I would add calories while maintaining an even breakdown between carbs/fats/proteins.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                    protein shakes
                    More specifically, there are weight gain shakes designed to pack on muscle mass. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned these yet. One could consume 1000+ calories with a single shake.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

They taste nasty, Boris. I suppose I could start drinking whey or weight gainer shakes but I know the powder ones taste nasty and I'd have to choke them down.

Comment

In my experience, the worst-tasting are the ones that focus on maximizing protein while minimizing caloric intake. I don't see why the weight gain ones would be so bad, since they can put in as much sugar and other flavorings as they want.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                          In my experience, the worst-tasting are the ones that focus on maximizing protein while minimizing caloric intake. I don't see why the weight gain ones would be so bad, since they can put in as much sugar and other flavorings as they want.
                          Weight Gainer is WAAAAY too expensive and a serving size is ridiculous... 485 grams for the GNC variety... that's over a pound of the stuff somehow put into milk or water

So there's only 5 servings in a big 6lb jar that costs $40. No thanks.

And like I said, it will probably just end up leaving me too full to eat real food. I need to find a way to increase my appetite so that 3000 calories doesn't leave me content for the entire day.

Comment

You're exaggerating, a little:

Shop our wide selection of supplements including protein powder, pre workout, vitamins, BCAAs, and more with free shipping on qualified orders!

$54 for a 10.6 lb container which is something like 30 servings that are 600+ calories. That's about $1.80 per shake, which is not too bad at all. Plus, you wouldn't have to do a full serving, since you'd be using it as a supplement to your standard diet. 2.5 scoops = an extra 400 calories in your day, which is significant.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

No I'm not... it's just that that brand has a smaller serving size than GNC's:

GNC's is 485g for 1840 calories 3 grams of fat, 402 grams of carbs, 50 grams of protein
                              That brand is 155g for 610 calories 6 grams of fat, 86 grams of carbs, 53 grams of protein

That brand would be slightly better as it has more protein and more fat but regardless, I need more fat than this stuff. These screw up my Zone ratios significantly. 40:30:30 carb/fat/protein ratio is ideal.

Comment

2200 calories would naturally be absurd, but I'm sure if you search enough you'll find a product that meets your ratios while adding several hundred calories to your diet. It sounds to me like incorporating weight gain supplements is the only realistic way you'll be able to do what you want to do.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X