Is there a way to increase appetite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to increase appetite?

I don't eat enough and I never really have much of an appetite. Even with me forcing myself to eat, I usually can only squeeze in 3000-3500 calories but I need to take in 4000 or more. I've found eating Wendy's or McDonald's helps a bit (as does drinking 3/4 to 1 gallon of milk a day), but it's still not enough. The problem is I have no urge to eat and I get full easily.

Anyone know any ways to increase appetite?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Stop eating Wendy's and McDonald's.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why on God's green earth would you need to eat 4000 calories per day?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

No kidding. Trying out for the fat ass competition?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Why on God's green earth would you need to eat 4000 calories per day?
          Strength training. When I only eat 2000 a day like over a weekend or something, I find on Monday that I lost 5 lbs from Friday.

I need at least 3000 to maintain weight and more to build muscle.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Bananas.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

You can't count weight loss of 5 lbs. If I weigh myself after getting home from work, then again the next morning the difference can be over 5 pounds. In the morning my stomach is empty and I am dehydrated.

Chances are that over the weekend you lost a lot of **** and water.

edit: Weight gain, if done healthily, is a slow process anyway. Just make sure you are eating copious amounts of protein and getting all your fruits and veggies for the day.

Comment

"Bench press for what, lift 4 pounds." - Jadakiss (referring to a gun)
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Bananas.
                  Bananas aren't going to do it but anyway, do you know a way to keep them in this heat? If I keep them out, they turn brown in a day and little fruit flies show up... If I refrigerate them, they never really ripen but perplexingly turn brown/black without ever ripening.

Space, that might be true but regardless, I need to ensure I'm taking in enough calories to get stronger.

Actually, I have in retrospect been putting on some good weight lately but it's largely because I have been reduced to strength training and have not been running on account of my injury. As soon as I start running is when I'm going to start seeing the pounds fly off and unfortunately my strength gains as well... that's really when I'll need to make sure I eat more.

Mid January (day 1 at OCS) 190 lbs
                  Early March ~175
                  Now 213

Gaining 38 lbs in less than 6 months sounds like a lot but I rocketed to 200 by mid-April suggesting to me that it was exclusively because of the result of OCS on my body in priming it for hypertrophy.

And no, my bodyfat % hasn't gone up significantly. My abs are less defined than they used to be but I'm still pretty lean.

And AAHZ, you really needed to explain that one, didn't you?

Comment

around here, yes.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Why the **** do you care so much about strength training?

All a marine needs to know how to do is fire a gun and give a reacharound.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        Why the **** do you care so much about strength training?

All a marine needs to know how to do is fire a gun and give a reacharound.
                        Average weight of equipment...

Now go running with that.

Comment

Someone needs too optimize that ****.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Cannabis.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Bananas aren't going to do it but anyway, do you know a way to keep them in this heat? If I keep them out, they turn brown in a day and little fruit flies show up... If I refrigerate them, they never really ripen but perplexingly turn brown/black without ever ripening.
                              Idiot! You're not going to consume calories by storing the damn things.
                              YOU HAVE TO EAT THEM!
                              Besides that, I don't believe that one day crap. If that happens, you're buying them already too ripe.

Comment

Working...
                              X