Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those damn ignorant racists at the New York Times!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
    You will always pin your hopes on a tiny tiny uncertainty to use as an excuse to believe in egalitarianism won't you? Humanity is ****ed.
    Humanity seems to be doing pretty well so far.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      Humanity seems to be doing pretty well so far.
      Not really, but we'd be a damned sight worse with somebody like Hera trying to "breed" us.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        What were the vast majority of white people doing two or three hundred years ago? I was under the impression that they were farmers/ranchers. Maybe they were farmers/ranchers with ridiculously high mathematical aptitudes or something.
        Tell me.

Who will be more selected for self control and future time orientation?

A farmer who needs to make sure he has enough seed for next year even if he is hungry? Or a hunger gatherer?

Who will live in larger and more complex societies on average? The farmer or the hunter?

Which will be part of a larger population? [more lottery tickets so to speak]

Anyway, this is just arguing about recent selection.

What about the notion that greater general intelligence is more useful in environments radically different from our ancestral environment?
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

We're all tending towards a pale brown interbred mush anyway.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            Not really, but we'd be a damned sight worse with somebody like Hera trying to "breed" us.
            Elok. We are loosing a IQ point per generation in the West. The third world has IQ's in the 70's and 80's. They are unlikley to go beyond the high 80's and low 90's no matter how hard we try. The Third world is moving in en masse to take over the dying first world.

If I'm wrong I'm just hurting some people's feelings. If you guys are wrong civilization as we know it will probably end.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

And, as we all know, Africa is populated by a single monolithic race, none of whom have ever formed agrarian societies. Furthermore, Chinese people faced much higher challenges to survive than anybody in Africa during those centuries of colonial ****ting-on.
              1011 1100

Comment

We're all tending towards a pale brown interbred mush anyway.
                No we are not. Due to assortative mating we are sliding into all brown cast system where the small ever fever group of NeoBrahims rules over the idiocracy underclass.

Some scientist predict a split into multiple species along these lines.

I don't like this future. I much prefer a future where humans aren't that unequal in ability.

Comment

Elok. We are loosing a IQ point per generation in the West. The third world has IQ's in the 70's and 80's. They are unlikley to go beyond the high 80's and low 90's no matter how hard we try. The Third world is moving in en masse to take over the dying first world.

If I'm wrong I'm just hurting some people's feelings. If you guys are wrong civilization as we know it will probably end.
                  No, if you're wrong and somebody acts on your idea, massive, insanely discriminatory programs will condemn millions to misery. Luckily, nobody will act on it.

Also, civilization as we know it emerged from stupid, bumbling hunter-gatherers, so your predictions of doom seem unlikely.
                  1011 1100

Comment

And, as we all know, Africa is populated by a single monolithic race, none of whom have ever formed agrarian societies. Furthermore, Chinese people faced much higher challenges to survive than anybody in Africa during those centuries of colonial ****ting-on.
                    Africa benefited from colonialism when it comes to life span and number of people alive. Evolutionary that is all that matters.

And when have I ever claimed that Africa is a monolithic group? I constantly emphasizes how they have the most genetic diversity. But like the article points out this is not due to recent selection. Its mostly junk DNA.

Comment

There is no such thing as junk DNA.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Also, civilization as we know it emerged from stupid, bumbling hunter-gatherers, so your predictions of doom seem unlikely.
                        Are you saying our current civlization isn't burining up material and environments any future civilization would need to get anything like the industrial revolution going?

Very intelligent humans may reevolve. But they may not be able to build to the same level we have due to resource limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                          There is no such thing as junk DNA.
                          Colloquialism for noncoding DNA.

Comment

"perfectly equal opportunities"

Love to see the experimental protocol for that one.
                            North Korea a Stalinist ****hole that features labor camps for political opponents, starvation, amputations without anesthetics and has a average IQ of 107. Quatar either has the highest or second highest GDP per capita in the world and has a average IQ of 78.

If this is environmental its probably so complex we would need several % of GDP for several decades on end to figure out and implement a plan to uplift Blacks to White levels, Whites to Asian levels and eventually preferably everyone to Jewish levels.

Why would a nation like Japan or Finland want to pick up such a burden by allowing third world immigration?

If I'm right and its genetic we are just one retrovirus away from jumping two standard deviations up on global average IQ and consequently near utopian standards of living in a few decades.
                            Last edited by Heraclitus; July 21, 2010, 11:46.

Comment

And yet both a Chinaman in China, a Chinaman in Brazil and a Chinaman in the US will all on average score 105 if you don't hit them on the head with a hammer!
                              You hurt your attempt to prove you are not a racist when you refer to them as "Chinaman". Oh, and saying "both" and then putting forth 3 examples afterwards makes you look like a moron.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Whatever. I'm not bothering with this anymore. You guys have eyes but won't see. In 10 years time about 50% of you will agree with what I'm saying right now and in 50 years time those that are still alive and will still hold these beliefs will be about as relevant as creationists are today.

Comment

Working...
                                X