No announcement yet.

The Dyson Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In short, it has all the characteristics of a new gadget that can be copied and mass-produced in some Chinese factory — for hundreds of dollars less.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
      I cant find an objective free review site, and have no desire to pay for the 'which' site, so I cannot attest to the quality of the other brands. If we are happy to argue about subjective ratings then the original Dyson I had blew the cheap meile I had out of the water.

However I can say that all 3 brands are around the same price. Most models for all manufacturers come in at around £200, with meile having a 'cheap' £140 base model to dysons base £160 model.
      Consumer Reports recently ran tests on vacuums and Miele scored well above Dyson, which had good ratings but nothing in the top tier. Surprisingly Hoover's Wind Tunnel took the top slot.

As for personal knowledge I know that Sabo is a hell of a lot better than Dyson but is about 200 bucks more. Haven't used a Miele.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Why don't they just list the CFM and total dynamic pressure, the only meaningful way to compare them?
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
          I cant find an objective free review site, and have no desire to pay for the 'which' site, so I cannot attest to the quality of the other brands. If we are happy to argue about subjective ratings then the original Dyson I had blew the cheap meile I had out of the water.

However I can say that all 3 brands are around the same price. Most models for all manufacturers come in at around £200, with meile having a 'cheap' £140 base model to dysons base £160 model.
          Strongly Agree.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

I also haven't used Sabo though.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow View Post
              Why don't they just list the CFM and total dynamic pressure, the only meaningful way to compare them?
              There's also practical stuff like how long the cord is, how easy it is to empty, how noisy it is, how well it gets into corners, how heavy it is etc. that all make a different to the experience as well as how the pressure holds up as the vacuum fills.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

We have a Riccar vacuum. After going through about 2 vacuum cleaners a year after getting the dog we were getting sick of it. Our vacuum repair guy mentioned that he had Shephards and that he has had no problem with a Riccar. We've had it for over 2 years now and not a single problem with it, it really is amazing.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I think its normal after getting a dog to be getting sick of it.... What breed have you got btw? It could be worse, you could be hosting a disrespectful cat instead.
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I have a chow/shephard mix, we also had a cat for most of those years. The worse was when you would vacuum when it was raining out, if you hit a wet dog hair it would fry the cleaner.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X