Inception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    This movie kicked about 87 different types of ass. It was ****ing amazing. I absolutely can not recommend it highly enough.
    ditto
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

My (22 y.o.) daughter dragged me out to see it this week, basically as an excuse to see it again. I have to give it high marks on all fronts -- writing, directing, acting, casting, production design, FX, etc.

Outstanding.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I enjoyed it.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            I'd have to watch again to be sure, but I think Boris is wrong.

Spoiler:
            I think the children are actually wearing different (but similar) clothes. More importantly, I am 99% sure that Leo's character only wears his wedding ring in the dream world, and I don't think he was wearing it in the final scene. Now, the obvious caveat is if he dreamt the whole ****ing thing, all bets are off. Or, one could argue that if he truly believed he was awake, he may not be wearing the ring in that case, but I would consider that a bit of a cheat.

Why is anybody still arguing about this when there is already an army of obsessive comic-book-guy-types watching this movie eight times in a row to blog about it and fully enlighten, free of charge, anyone capable of five minutes of googling? FFS, not only did the movie's costume designer confirm in an interview that the children wore different (but similar) clothes, but the credits in the public domain show that the dream children and reality children were in fact played by different actors with ages differing by approximately two years. The accuracy of the wedding ring easter egg has also been thoroughly documented.

In the face of this overwhelming evidence, the "still a dream" camp can only fall back on the supposition that Cobb's delusion was so deep as to meticulously construct all of these hints so as to fool himself, but that's as trite as it is baseless, and also fails to explain why Mal didn't just "kick" the real Cobb after her jump exited that supposed dream level. The theory that it was all an inception by Michael Caine's character is a bit more interesting, but still baseless.
            Last edited by Darius871; August 8, 2010, 17:50.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Earlier in the movie Cobb is on the phone and he talks to his children - whoare obviously older than 3 yr and 20 mo, might those have been the parts played by the two older children. IMHO the two children at the end of the movie were closer to a girl of 3 yr and a boy of 20 mo, not a girl of 5 yr and a boy of 3 yr.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I saw this yesterday. It kind of drags in the middle and the end was kind of boring with a (very slight) interesting twist at the end.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                    Earlier in the movie Cobb is on the phone and he talks to his children - whoare obviously older than 3 yr and 20 mo, might those have been the parts played by the two older children. IMHO the two children at the end of the movie were closer to a girl of 3 yr and a boy of 20 mo, not a girl of 5 yr and a boy of 3 yr.

Possible, but that would still fail to explain the different clothes or the ring.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia View Post
                      Somehow it's the most Philip K. Dick movie made, yet PKD had nothing to do with it save for maybe inspiration.
                      It seemed to me that it was a send-up to Dick's novel Ubik.

Very imaginative and fun, I must say. Will definitely be worth a second watch.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I actually thought this was the first semi original idea Hollywood has come up with since the Matrix though this is kind of a Matrix like idea.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X