No announcement yet.

Do you use a wash cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, MRT and Nikolai. You don't put the bar of soap on the skin, despite what Dave Chapelle seems to think. You lather it up in your hands and your hands have contact with your skin.

Personally, at the end of my shower, I wash my hands and rinse the soap off.

But, Nikolai is right to an extent. It's why you don't see bars of soap typically in public bathrooms. It's not because someone could steal it; it's because hundreds of people touching it make it nasty as hell.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Why so angry MRT? Did your momma not kiss you goodnight yesterday?

Next question:What's a "loofah"? Some kind of wash cloth?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

This gay thing:

I have a boot camp story as well, although it's like the opposite of what Sloww posted. I had a sergeant instructor who said we each had to go and buy a loofah from the PX/commissary to use in the shower. He didn't enforce it though. Still funny to see a 6'3" ~230lb giant gunnery sergeant talking about the need for loofahs in the shower five minutes after verbally ripping someone a new *******.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          I will say this, Black people overwhelmingly use wash cloths. Never heard of a Black person who doesn't. For whites it's mixed. No idea about anybody else.

Hence the stereotype (see Chapelle Show) that white people don't use wash cloths which is what is being manifested here.

Honestly, my theory is that it has to do with when families had showers. With a shower, there's a lot less need for a wash cloth. Think about how people used to bathe hundred years ago or more when a lot of people didn't even have bathtubs. If you didn't have a river nearby, you probably would just wash up with a bucket and a rag. I suspect that a lot of people here who don't use wash cloths, their grandparents were still using them because they grew up when everyone used them. Because of the economic situation of Black Americans and when the average Black family started to have a shower, they're a generation or so behind whites, I suspect. Who knows how much cultural momentum it has though.
          It's apparently also racial, though. Although what if it were gender but the rate of fatherlessness in the Black community has caused women (mothers) to pass it on to men (sons) over the years (although I doubt that; I don't think the rate is that much higher than whites).
          Both are very interesting theories. I've never thought about it much. But yea, I apply the bar of soap directly to my skin. I don't see what the problem with that is.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I don't either. When I'm done, I rinse it and the little spot I put it drains so I don't end up with a mush ball.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wash cloths are unsanitary.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't think those colored Loofahs are much better.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I agree.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I use soap. Not regular soap as I find it leaves me skin feeling dry. I use real mans soap (Dove)

I would be pretty pissed if a housemate used my soap in the shower, and I would be kicking arse and taking names if I found any kind of body hair in it. I will, however, use their shower gel liberally and regularly should i run out of soap
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

If you google "why do white people not use washcloths" and "why do black people use washcloths" you get so many hits and discussions about this.
                      Amazing.

Did you know that if you google 'puppies' you get so many hits about puppies?
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                        Amazing.

Did you know that if you google 'puppies' you get so many hits about puppies?
                        Dumbass.... the point was made by the following sentence...

There's definitely a stereotype or a popular conception that this is racial.
                        go google "why do asians smell like watermelons" and you won't get any sites positing or arguing about whether or not asians really smell like watermelons. But if you google white people do not use washcloths you will see several blogs and forum discussions about this very topic.

You are so ****ing stupid.

Comment

The problem with applying the bar of soap directly to the skin is what if someone else uses that soap besides you? Granted, even if it's just you using it, you're putting dirt on the soap that is being re-applied to you later. If you rinse it, fine, that's an alternative. Although some would question how effective the rinse is if you're putting the soap directly on your genitals and ass.

That's some freaky **** you're into, Ozzy and Rah.

Comment

Different strokes for different strokes.
                            And yes, I always rinse my bar of soap with hot water when I'm done before I put it on the shelf to dry.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Dumbass.... the point was made by the following sentence...

go google "why do asians smell like watermelons" and you won't get any sites positing or arguing about whether or not asians really smell like watermelons. But if you google white people do not use washcloths you will see several blogs and forum discussions about this very topic.

You are so ****ing stupid.

Grow some skin and loosen up a little

The problem with applying the bar of soap directly to the skin is what if someone else uses that soap besides you? Granted, even if it's just you using it, you're putting dirt on the soap that is being re-applied to you later. If you rinse it, fine, that's an alternative. Although some would question how effective the rinse is if you're putting the soap directly on your genitals and ass.

That's some freaky **** you're into, Ozzy and Rah.
                              Umm... soap dissolves, you know that, right? As long as you use water, the dirt doesn't end up on the soap.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                                Umm... soap dissolves, you know that, right? As long as you use water, the dirt doesn't end up on the soap.
                                I've seen dirty soap before with brown specks in it and you touch it and it feels gritty... yeah not nice.

Plus hair can get on soap among other things.

Comment

Working...
                                X