Do you use a wash cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
    So people user their ****ing hands to exfoliate? HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?!
    REAL MEN exfoliate with SANDPAPER.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

REAL MEN's hands are LIKE sandpaper.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I use my wife.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Lots of shower gels have exfoliating agents in them.

That's important to the ladies.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I will say this, Black people overwhelmingly use wash cloths. Never heard of a Black person who doesn't. For whites it's mixed. No idea about anybody else.

Hence the stereotype (see Chapelle Show) that white people don't use wash cloths which is what is being manifested here.

Honestly, my theory is that it has to do with when families had showers. With a shower, there's a lot less need for a wash cloth. Think about how people used to bathe hundred years ago or more when a lot of people didn't even have bathtubs. If you didn't have a river nearby, you probably would just wash up with a bucket and a rag. I suspect that a lot of people here who don't use wash cloths, their grandparents were still using them because they grew up when everyone used them. Because of the economic situation of Black Americans and when the average Black family started to have a shower, they're a generation or so behind whites, I suspect. Who knows how much cultural momentum it has though.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I think its a gender thing again. The women I know use wash cloths - the men don't.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It's apparently also racial, though. Although what if it were gender but the rate of fatherlessness in the Black community has caused women (mothers) to pass it on to men (sons) over the years (although I doubt that; I don't think the rate is that much higher than whites).
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I can't imagine anything more disgusting then using a washcloth that's hanging in the shower. Everyone in our family uses a different bar of soap.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why does it seems like all Americans use bars of soap? It's so 1950.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Rah:

Each person has a different washcloth. There's no SHARING of washcloths.

Comment

It's still hanging there all day in a humid place, never really getting dry and providing a prime mold and fungus growth environment.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

yeah probably.

If you google "why do white people not use washcloths" and "why do black people use washcloths" you get so many hits and discussions about this.

There's definitely a stereotype or a popular conception that this is racial.
                          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 16, 2010, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                            Why does it seems like all Americans use bars of soap? It's so 1950.
                            Well since I was born in the 50's............

A bar of soap cost less than a buck and lasts me probably a couple of months. That shower gel costs more and doesn't last as long.
                            But for me, I just like soap and see no reason to change.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But a bar of soap is yucky, unhealthy and it all too quickly turns into some kind of sticky coating(I think that's the word) when applied on the body.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                                But a bar of soap is yucky, unhealthy and it all too quickly turns into some kind of sticky coating(I think that's the word) when applied on the body.
                                Hence using a loofah to lather, you ****ing idiot. It's like some of you dolts can't get past the idea of applying soap or body wash directly to the skin.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X