Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitcoms/Coms/Etc: Your Recoms

Neighbors from Hell seems good.

The Venture Brothers is coming back this August.

Over to you.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Eureka returns Friday, Warehouse 13 returned lastnight. Not proper sitcoms of course, but do make with the slapstick now and then.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I don't watch television but from what I've seen of Curb Your Enthusiasm, it's hilarious.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The Office.

Community, Parks & Rec, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, that Tina Fey show and Big Bang Theory aren't bad either.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Always Sunny is pretty good. That's it.

Comment

The Venture Bros. is the only thing on television I bother to watch anymore.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

UK shows: Peep Show > The Inbetweeners > The IT Crowd (currently airing)

Canadian shows: Hiccups > Dan for Mayor (currently airing)

US shows: The Big Bang Theory > Community > How I met your mother > The Middle
              "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
              George Orwell

Comment

louis c.k. new show louie seems pretty good. atleast the first 3 episodes i have seen where good. dont confuse it whit the old lucky louie which was pretty bad.

Comment

Venture Brothers is ****ing brilliant television.

Community, Parks & Rec, and The Office are all very good as well.

It's Always Sunny is reliably hilarious; South Park and Ugly Americans intermittantly so.

Beyond that, not much funny stuff out there.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Oh, and while it isn't on the air anymore, Arrested Development is definitely one of the top shows of the last decade.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Of those still on the air: How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Community, The Office, 30 Rock, & Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by axi View Post
                        Forgot about the Peep Show which is truly great.

Comment

Forgot two:

Archer, which hasn't been mentioned, is almost as good as Venture Brothers; it's like the third season of Frisky Dingo that we never had.

30 Rock, which has been mentioned, isn't as good as its been in the past, but it is still reliably funny, and Tina Fey is sexy as hell.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I used to love sitcoms; now not so much. Big Bang Theory is OK; How I Met Your Mother uneven but has the lovely NPH and and Alyson Hannigan. I know I'm supposed to love The Office but never got over how lame the US version is vs. the original.

I think 30 Rock is overrated. Fey and Baldwin fail to get me past the annoying qualities of the rest of the cast.

Haven't watched Parks & Rec or Always Sunny yet.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by axi View Post

Canadian shows: Hiccups > Dan for Mayor (currently airing)

US shows: The Big Bang Theory > Community > How I met your mother > The Middle
                              Hey there. Care to start a thread about Greece? No Greeks around, I'd appreciate
                              the opportunity to discuss the situation with one.

Comment

Working...
                              X