Close call for old Gramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoa!!! & good that it went well
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Be careful. The most important thing is that you do not try to go back to normal activity too soon.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Not being dead
        Not being dead in what sounds to be a particularly painful way to be dead
        Not being old and waiting to be dead
        Grandpa Troll
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I would echo what is being mentioned here, I really want to do things but afterall, its been only 4 days since surgery and am in pretty decent pain level, but not on any narcotics and am making it. I just need to take time and rest to get healed up.

Thanks again for the well wishes, take care one and all

Grandpa Troll
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Ole farts are hard to kill - glad to hear that another attempt on your life has gone awry
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              Ole farts are hard to kill - glad to hear that another attempt on your life has gone awry
              You aint kidding..from outer attempts of Cocaine induced bad drivers to inward attacks of body would be snatchers...

Comment

wow, these things sound like they can get real painful

But, still not as bad as spine pain from nerves being pinched by jagged disc from accident...
                ugh... I'd pay $10K to rid myself of lower back pain.

glgt

Comment

Glad you made it through it GT
                  "

Comment

That sounds painful. Hope everything heals up well and you're pain free.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

As painful as it is, Im sure glad Im off Vicodin and Morphine

Takes your breath away, at times, but tolerable 3/4ths of time.

Not like an arm, isolate and immobilize, your stomach is allways on the move. Amazing, how a simple thing like clearing your throat is so difficult, but things like a hard pillow pressed into bread basket, basically spreading a large surface area to help suppress the cough, does help.

I figured I would share this information with you folks, in case you should ever have to go through this yourselves.

Life brings us on many journeys, we cant avoid as many as we would like to, so we just deal with them. Its how we get through these experiences that marks our life.

Me, if I can be a good steward of myexperiences, perhaps they were not in vain, but rather somewhat of a barometer for others to measure how they may handle similiar events.

Like now, I sleep a little, pain overtakes me, I get up, had to get something to eat, some cereal, to avoid being overtaken by nausea, which, God forbid would happen, I can fathom having to go to the throne with this gash in my belly..ugh!!!!!

Until next we speak, good day one and all!

Grandpa Troll

Gramps

Comment

Good luck.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          Good luck.
                          Thanks Asher

Comment

Gramps, I hope you took a good bowel movement before this latest incident and have a few days to recuperate before another. Whenever my UTI flares up (dozens and dozens of times since Christmas 2004, the thing that I was told by the ER doctor might be testicular cancer, turned out it wasn't, wish that it was so I could have been done with it 5 years ago instead of this on-going misery of chronic epididymitis) and if I try to go #2 abdominal muscles disturb the area of the prostate that's also pissed off during a flare up. So I hold it for a couple of days unless I absolutely need to go. I passed out from the pain once, that was enough to learn my lesson. I hope for your sake you don't need to learn that lesson too. I can only imagine what it would be like in your fun condition.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs View Post
                              Gramps, I hope you took a good bowel movement before this latest incident and have a few days to recuperate before another. Whenever my UTI flares up (dozens and dozens of times since Christmas 2004, the thing that I was told by the ER doctor might be testicular cancer, turned out it wasn't, wish that it was so I could have been done with it 5 years ago instead of this on-going misery of chronic epididymitis) and if I try to go #2 abdominal muscles disturb the area of the prostate that's also pissed off during a flare up. So I hold it for a couple of days unless I absolutely need to go. I passed out from the pain once, that was enough to learn my lesson. I hope for your sake you don't need to learn that lesson too. I can only imagine what it would be like in your fun condition.
                              When they operated on me they fill your satomach with air,well, that air goes out your intestines, s-l-o-w-l-y

Wanna know painful?...that is painful, air in intetines slowly working its way through, of course, with all these stitches, you cannot "assist" so it is a slow painstaking time waiting to pass gas.

Me, ot took 3 days.

Bowel movement?..This afternoon about 430 pm..which was 5 days...and yes..plenty there..but again, you cant force or assist so its a bit discomforting.....

Comment

Obviously, my thing is pretty different and less endangering than yours and I daren't imply they're equal, but at least you got pain pills and some relief. ***** triage nurse told me, "Put an ice pack on it." it being my swollen, sensitive-to-even-air, mind-numbingly pained nutsack. I've never gotten any useful drugs for the condition ($50 antibiotics clear a flare up in about as much time as just waiting it out for free, and they've never given me anything for the pain; OTCs do nothing except for the fever) so I have to wait it out for a few days each time this goes; a 15 foot trip from my bed to the bathroom is an adventure.

Comment

Working...
                                X