No announcement yet.

Favourite Germans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen Richelieu here for a while.

True, Katarina Witt, Steffi Graff and, to a lesser extent, Boris Becker were true stars when me and my sister were young. Everybody loved Katarina and Steffie.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

I wasn't really a fan of Boris as a player. He's a great commentator though.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
          Should the Dutch consider themselves German?
          Originally posted by Hueij View Post
          Woah... Don't ever never ask that question again. I'll let it go this time because you are a Latin American who doesn't know better but don't ask this question here if you ever come over.
          Originally posted by Hueij View Post
          I hope that post makes any sense, I'm drunk because we beat the effing Brazilians today. Sorry (:
          I hate to admit it, and even when you are sober now, you may not like to hear it:

But the players of the Dutch soccer team are currently my favourite Germans!

Against Spain they played like real men and not like schoolboys as the Germans did. But on a sidenote, you should consider that there is still room for improvement. Whereas you almost interrupted Spain's boring short passing game, Spain wasn't forced to sub and the Dutch still received lots of bookings. One hint: Kung Fu tactics should only be applied by goal keepers.

1) No booking, missed his target though:

Object lesson 2) France was forced to sub, and no booking at all!

"Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Originally posted by siron View Post
            But the players of the Dutch soccer team are currently my favourite Germans!
            Good thing I'm not playing for our soccer team then...
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

Working...
            X