Recognizing love [serious]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 for 1
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      Well, what else you got?
      Storge and philia at the very least. I doubt however you'll find much agape on apolyton.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Well, what else you got?
        A sign of all types of love is that you want to do things for that person, to sacrifice for them, and that you don't want the relationship to cease.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'd do anything for her, and when she screws someting up I just feel like I love her a lot.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            As for me, I didn't know until she was gone.
            ain't that the truth.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

"honey, I say this as an immense compliment: being with you is like being alone."
              Neg hit

Comment

Originally posted by Aivo½so View Post
                Neg hit
                My toughts exactly. Classic neg
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. I was trying some stand-up comedy material on her and she said it wasn't funny, but only because she knows me so well. Err, thanks sugar tits. I think that's when I recognised we didn't love each other any more if that helps the OP

Comment

Plus, at this point (time-wise) in my last relationship, I was making excuses not to go out with my ex, while now I can't wait to see her.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                    X