No announcement yet.

New iPhone Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Microsoft have a mobile ad service?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I was kind of disappointed in the storage options... 16 or 32GB? That's the same as the current 3GS models being sold.

Ive got an 80gb iPod with ~55GB of music, so I want to hold out until there is a 64GB option or larger so I can finally use the iPhone to replace the iPod.

I only got this 3GS about 4 months ago but I am considering upgrading. I am sold on the sex appeal alone. The practical side of me is saying wait to enjoy the iOS4 upgrades to the 3GS (multitasking, app folders etc) and hold out until a 64GB iPhone4, but boy that thing sure is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
        The new iPhone looks cool, but it's innards are unimpressive. They say it's the A4 chip -- which is the same CPU in the iPhone 3GS but with less unused circuitry...but they don't see the MHz. It's probably slightly faster than the 3GS, but unfortunately has the same graphics chip.

The new display is nice, but isn't worth the money to upgrade to.

Meh.
        The data bus on the A4 is 64-bit, which means that graphics throughput should be much higher. Of course, it has to feed a much denser screen on the iPhone 4, but judging by the iPad, that is not a problem.

Overall however, I can't disagree that, apart from the screen and (possibly) the antenna, there is not a lot to get excited about in the hardware.

Those are the most important bits of a smartphone though. If Apple gets those right, its superior operating system keeps it ahead of the competition.

Correction: my previous post should read 'high dpi IPS screen'

Also note: I take Apple's claims about their new antenna design with a considerable grain of salt. I'll believe it when I see the bars.
        VANGUARD

Comment

You forgot the link.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
            Does Microsoft have a mobile ad service?
            It does indeed though it is a distant also ran.

The last paragraph:

Meanwhile, Microsoft's mobile platform – Windows Mobile – loses more and more market share to Google and Apple (and others) while the company works on Windows Phone 7. The software juggernaut has its own mobile-advertising service, but without a successful mobile OS, has Microsoft been left in the dust?
            There are links in the original article.
            Last edited by Dinner; June 11, 2010, 23:14.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Looks like it's got some quality issues:

And design issues...the best part? Holding the iPhone causes drastically reduced reception. Did no one think of this?

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Apple's antenna design is truly a work of genius.

Ars is reporting that the white version has been delayed because it has "proven more challenging to manufacture than expected."

SP
                Last edited by Fve Crathva; June 24, 2010, 01:38.
                I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

As an iPhone hater, I must say this one looks pretty good.
                  I love the new video camera! I'm still not really eager to get an iPhone because of the limitations apple puts on you. I want to be in charge of my own cell phone.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                  X