X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New iPhone Announced

You can find links yourselves. It's a good looking piece, best looking
    iPhone so far. Bit higher in specs than I expected... 720p video @ 30 fps
    was unexpected, as well as the huge screen resolution.

This is the first iPhone I really like and am considering getting. I'm
    probably going to hold out for the Nokia N8 because I'm in the mood
    for having a proper camera on the phone.

Oh yeah, one more reason to not get the iPhone is how they handled
    the leak of a prototype unit. SWAT teams crashing into people's appartments,
    etc.

Jason Chen never forget!

Nokia also lost a prototype at the same time and they simply asked
    to get it back (from Russia though, not that they could do much in Lord God
    Putin's land ).

Also, they admitted that N97 was a crappy phone, and that admission of a mistake
    kind of won me over.

Comment

You are like the anti-Asher.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'll take that as a compliment

Comment

wasn't that supposed to be Agathon?
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I don't follow forum politics any more.

Does nobody care about technology here?
            You people have no soul

Comment

It's coming out with the design concept of moving huge amounts of data, just as payment for moving huge amounts of data skyrockets. Is that essentially correct?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

tech sub forum
                £20 per month + £200 for the phone in Croatia... meh... I'd rather do other things with that money...

good for commuters, for everyone else - meh.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

The new iPhone looks cool, but it's innards are unimpressive. They say it's the A4 chip -- which is the same CPU in the iPhone 3GS but with less unused circuitry...but they don't see the MHz. It's probably slightly faster than the 3GS, but unfortunately has the same graphics chip.

The new display is nice, but isn't worth the money to upgrade to.

Meh.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Meanwhile Apple continues adjusting the terms of service on the iPhone to be more and more evil and anti-competitive: http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...-out-admob.ars
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The iPhone 4 will probably be as good as any other phone for the next two years. I don't see any good reason not to buy one, if that is what you are used to.

On the other hand, it is hardly light-years ahead of the competition any more. The top Android phones are getting pretty competitive. They even have certain advantages in raw computing power and certain UI features (such as voice recognition).

Overall, I think Apple has nailed the important bits though: the high-DPS IPS screen should be better than anything else for at least a year. The iPhone OS remains better than Android in overall responsiveness and usability.

I think I am going to wait for some reviews. The critical features for me are: how good the screen looks; whether the new antenna design works or not.
                      VANGUARD

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
                        Meanwhile Apple continues adjusting the terms of service on the iPhone to be more and more evil and anti-competitive: http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...-out-admob.ars
                        All Apple is doing is making sure that app sellers abide by the same privacy restrictions that Apple does. Why should I mind this?
                        VANGUARD

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                          All Apple is doing is making sure that app sellers abide by the same privacy restrictions that Apple does. Why should I mind this?
                          This isn't true at all.

The ToS specifically forbids Google from collecting essential analytics. It only allows "companies not owned by or affiliated with mobile platform developers and distributors", or Apple.

The only company affected by this is Google. They've handcuffed Google and crippled AdMob on the iPhone/iPod/iPad with their legal terms of service.

Apple has no restrictions on what it sends.

Comment

Hi Chris. You accidentally made your signature a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
                              This isn't true at all.

The ToS specifically forbids Google from collecting essential analytics. It only allows "companies not owned by or affiliated with mobile platform developers and distributors", or Apple.

The only company affected by this is Google. They've handcuffed Google and crippled AdMob on the iPhone/iPod/iPad with their legal terms of service.

Apple has no restrictions on what it sends.
                              I think it will effect Microsoft as well.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X