Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    glassdoor.com is much better

Bern, Sweden seems like a pretty good place to live according to them.
    Was gonna say this before you beat me to it.

Glassdoor.com is awesome.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      You're acting like your degree entitles you to something. It does not. Go out and get it.
      Who the hell gets a BBA?

MBAs are borderline useless, not to mention a BBA.

I assume the $40k is average, not average starting salary.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

the median Finance Degree Salary for those with a Bachelor of Business Administration starts at around $40,000 per year, rising to around $60,000 after five years of experience.

Actually, that seems about right to me.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I knew it. That's why I've always thought we needed more lebensraum. I can see the national flag now: a boxing kangaroo wearing an 18th century wig playing a piano with a swastika patch on his arm.
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Well at least with base pay for an O-1 plus insurance benefits and BAH, I'll be in that ballpark through the military.

Plus, in four years, if I make Captain, I would be bringing in ~$60K + ~$12K in BAH (though this varies dramatically based on where you are stationed), better than the average for Finance BBA's in the private sector. And if I'm deployed, add in a tax benefits re: combat pay.

So actually, I would be doing better than typical for my education level. Just need to make it through entry level training

(not to mention college loan repayment [although my next contract may not have that; CLRP isn't a given with the Marine Corps] and GI Bill benefits for grad school)
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 9, 2010, 00:37.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

err... the military doesn't pay bad at all. My reasons to join were not financially-motivated so I haven't paid too much attention to income.
              An O-1 with less than 1 year of service living off base in Northern Virginia grosses $51,828/yr.
              An O-3 with 4 years of service living the same grosses $77,472/yr.

Add in additional income if you have dependents, GI Bill benefits, etc. and the total compensation package looks pretty damn good.

No wonder classes are tight to get into. You can do very well in the military compared to the private sector!
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 9, 2010, 01:45.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
              X