Dallas, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    I thought he said he was from italy perhaps I misread?
    No, you are right: I am from Italy. Anyway I wasn'r criticizing USA. I love American people, although I do not share some of their views and I am not fond of their government; the government, however, is not "the people". Americans are well-intentioned and welcoming, although I know that, as in many other countries, if you are not well off, you risk to die because you cannot afford the necessary drugs. Perhaps I am misinformed...

Beware, I am not trying to point the finger on USA. No country is free from flaws, though.
    The destination doesn't matter. What's important is the journey.

Comment

• You're going to love it in Texas. I can tell already.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Not sure how you could hate the US government without hating the US people in general seeing as it's a democracy.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Bush was all Guy's fault!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Not sure how you could hate the US government without hating the US people in general seeing as it's a democracy.
            George W. Bush did not represent me.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Not sure how you could hate the US government without hating the US people in general seeing as it's a democracy.
              You seriously say some retarded things. You're up there with Ben sometimes.

Comment

• HC doesn't like Obama, therefore he doesn't like the US people.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  HC doesn't like Obama, therefore he doesn't like the US people.
                  *sigh*
                  Why did you assume I was referring to the president? I'm speaking more in terms of the elected officials as a group.

Furthermore, disliking the current administration is also not the same thing as disliking the government.

The point is that Americans choose their government. It's not like Iran or Saudi Arabia where it is possible for it to remain in power while becoming totally out of step with citizens.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    George W. Bush did not represent me.
                    Obama doesn't represent you. No one in politics gets your support. How convenient.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

*sigh*
                      Why did you assume I was referring to the president? I'm speaking more in terms of the elected officials as a group.

Furthermore, disliking the current administration is also not the same thing as disliking the government.

The point is that Americans choose their government. It's not like Iran or Saudi Arabia where it is possible for it to remain in power while becoming totally out of step with citizens.
                      I didn't choose this government. I wanted a monarchy!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I think that the government represents the political ideas of the majorance, but people are not who they vote. Republicans, democratics, communists... they are not the same people, they have their individualities; you can share the political views with someone else, but still you can find he\she antipathic and viceversa.
                        So far I knew at least twenty Americans, which of course, is not enough to say "I love all the Americans", but I always had a very good impression: welcoming warm-hearted people, easy-taking and easy-going, always ready for a good laugh and rightly proud of their nation, although with some griefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
                          You're going to love it in Texas. I can tell already.

Why you say that? Do you mean that they are not like the other Americans?

Comment

Working...
                          X