Forget the Space Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a SCHOOL penis thread
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

HC's school has a super computer?

When I was his age (2003), the best computers my school had were these:

I guess there is a funding difference between the #1 and #45 best high schools in the country.

We made #45 without fancy supercomputers and parallel computing classes. Suck it. Go inner city public school with inadequate funding making #45 on the US News & Report ranking.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Oh yeah... my high school was featured in the M. Night Shyamalan film, "The Happening". Mark Wahlberg's character was teaching biology in my physics classroom.

Suck it, fancy pants!

And Kevin Bacon went there for Junior High!

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Is Albert Speer trying to explain why his #45 high school computer lab was perfectly satisfactory for teaching him how to use Microsoft Word?

Comment

SOMEBODY DIDN'T PUT ME ON IGNORE!

No. C++. Although I didn't take that class. I picked something else though I don't remember what it was.

Comment

Pretty sure many colleges have less cluster power than HC's highschool.

This probably is not an effective use of resources.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
                  noughts and crosses Is that what the English call it? Can you get any gayer?
                  Does exactly what it says on the tin. Would you care to elaborate on the derivation of tic-tac-toe from the game itself? Surely it's tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-tac-tic-win! (realistically, draw, unless you're playing a five year old)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

JM
                    Northrop Grumman donated it and we weren't about to say no just because some college might get more use out of it. At any rate, we teach college-level CS classes here. We also do regularly use the cluster for rendering stuff from the CAD lab. The Biotech lab also uses it occasionally, for what I don't know. Optics occasionally uses it for simulations. It doesn't go unused that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X