I Need Ideas for an Android Killer App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Ideas for an Android Killer App

Post ideas for an Android (mobile phone operating system) killer application.

That is, an application that many people would love to use. Or at least, a
    few people. Something that has not been done yet, or has been done badly.

There's a contest in my area and the winning application gets ~13.000 Euros.
    Not bad at all. I've been thinking about applications but don't have a sure
    winner yet.

For example, one idea I had was to build an app that would detect the type
    of light on semaphores and say it out loud. This would allow blind people to
    drive more safely, because now semaphores would not be such a hurdle any
    more.

I think it's a good one, but I'd prefer to do something that would reach a
    wider audience.

Any ideas?

Making the apps is easy, it's the idea that's money.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

One that helps you find a gun store, then locates all of your family members. It gives you tips on stealth and secrecy and also what weapons to purchase and what the arms restrictions are in your state. A true killer app
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
        This would allow blind people to
        more.
        Any ideas?
        Go with this great idea.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
          For example, one idea I had was to build an app that would detect the type
          of light on semaphores and say it out loud. This would allow blind people to
          more.
          I wasn't aware that blind people driving on railroad tracks was a documented problem.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

An app that opens people's garage doors.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Blind people driving?

I mean I'm all for empowering those [strike]with disabilities[/strike] who are differently-abled and handi-capable but driving seems like something blind people should never be doing.

How the hell do you get the cross-through word effect in html?!?!
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 30, 2010, 22:06.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I assume he means fully color-blind people. Or something.

In reality, however noble his app is, all it takes is one accident from using it while driving and they'd sue you into oblivion.

Google just got sued for its Google Maps directions because a woman got hit by a car while following them.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I don't get it... at a railway crossing, who cares what color the lights are? If a train is coming, whatever it is (the thing) starts making loud noises.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm assuming semaphore is a poor translation and he means traffic light.

Comment

My first reaction was to think of this which makes even less sense than a railway crossing.

Comment

You'd have to be both blind and deaf to have a problem with that system... And why would you be driving anyway?

Warning: obnoxious bell ringing

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
                            You'd have to both blind and deaf to have a problem with that system... And why would you be driving anyway?
                            Traffic lights, herr Speer, traffic lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
                              I'm assuming semaphore is a poor translation and he means traffic light.
                              Who has trouble with traffic lights? As long as you can see differences in luminosity, you know the top light means stop and the bottom light means go. Although I suppose the ones that are sideways might be trickier.

Comment

Working...
                              X