US Navy DDR 'Boot Camp'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Navy DDR 'Boot Camp'

almehdaaol writes "New military recruits are coming in physically heavier and out of shape, so the US Navy has decided to take an interesting course of action by creating a new training regimen inspired by the fitness-centric Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution." This comes alongside a report confirm...

DDR doesn't really seem to fit the image I have of 'Boot Camp', which is basically formed from having to read Asher's threads (i.e. once step removed from forcible sodomy).

But on the other side think of the possiblilties! If singin and dancin are now 'Boot Camp', what is disciplinary action?? Having to put on whole Broadway shows??
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

?

Comment

Navy Navy I'm in doubt,
      Why your bellies are sticking out,
      Is it whiskey or is it wine,
      Or is it a lack of PT time?
      GI beans and nasty gravy,
      Same old chow served in the navy,
      But listen, skipper, don't feel blue,
      Nasty army's jacked up too.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

One thing about the article...

Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket effectively scared an entire generation away from boot camp
        Still, we're eager to see if the boot camps of the future will look less like the one in Kubrick's war movie and more like ... this.
        Umm... I've never watched all of Full Metal Jacket but I have seen all the bootcamp scenes and, while I've never been to Parris Island or MCRD San Diego, I've been through Marine Corps entry-level training at OCS twice, and I can say with complete conviction... Kubrick pussified boot camp.

I wish it was like that in real life. The only thing is there's no drill instructors physically striking recruits/candidates anymore as portrayed in the movie (although... but I won't get into that).

The documentary "Ears open, Eyeballs click" does a good job showing how it really is but omits quite a bit, especially the thrashing and the **** **** games. (At OCS, we didn't get much of any thrashing/quarterdecking or anything like that although the standard PT is probably worse than anything recruits ever have to do.)

That's something that Full Metal Jacket didn't show and is the worst part of boot camp by far... the thing that stops it from being fun... **** **** games.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Boot Camp sounds ridiculously stupid.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

by the way...

If singin and dancin are now 'Boot Camp', what is disciplinary action?? Having to put on whole Broadway shows??
            Almost missed it when I read your post.

I heard in the Air Force, they have to perform Guys and Dolls.

Comment

What're **** **** games, by the way?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

**** **** games...

just like it sounds.

Comment

This is the dancing they do in the Navy...

«Village People - Go West In The Navy » is available on iTunes : http://bit.ly/1E60r0rListen the entire album here : http://smarturl.it/GoWestITNavySubscrib...

Can't embed but it's the music video for the Village People's In the Navy.

Comment

We need a bot camp for Poly.
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
                      **** **** games...

just like it sounds.
                      cock fuck games?

Comment

Air Force Academy:

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
                          cock fuck games?
                          I'd rather leave this up to your imagination

Maybe Oerdin or somebody else with military experience can tell you what it is. Maybe some people don't mind them or are sadistic and actually get a kick out of them, but I personally hate **** **** games. And sometimes, they're downright painful.

Comment

The Navy Times article:

“There is an issue in terms of physical fitness,” he said. “There have been more fractures and femur fractures and long-bone fractures in some of our young female recruits, and that’s related to the amount of activity and a sedentary lifestyle that they’ve had before they’ve entered the service and then the uptick in physical activity after they’re in the service.”

In the Navy, about 115 women per year suffer from stress fractures in boot camp, Naval Service Training Command spokeswoman Lt. Charity Hardison said
                            I had a stress fracture. Why do they act like it's only something sedentary women with osteoporosis get in boot camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer View Post
                              I'd rather leave this up to your imagination
                              Hot. I've seen this documented in many videos I've downloaded...

Comment

Working...
                              X