X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
    I think that was the girl's mother.
    No, it was his cohost at 1:35.

How long was this on the air? How long did Canada watch this and go "look how sweet that man is with those little girls"?
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Fact: Cohost was his wife
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well, upon further research (googling and wikipedia, yay sick saturday nights), turns out that the creepy pedo is Fergie Oliver, former Blue Jays sportscaster, and the woman who calls him a "dirty old man" is his mother****ing WIFE.
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

See, now why do I even bother researching? Asher's a regular phone book of information.

Comment

It's my job, ma'am
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I think the "dirty old man" comment doesn't come from the co-host, but from the girl's mother to her right BTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post
                How long was this on the air? How long did Canada watch this and go "look how sweet that man is with those little girls"?
                5 long years. To be fair I don't think anyone actually watched it.

Canadian shows are awful, awful crap. The only reason they exists is the government demands a certain percentage of Canadian content. So it's low budget crap.

Comment

I think it comes from the collective thoughts of everyone watching it.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Canadian shows are awful, awful crap. The only reason they exists is the government demands a certain percentage of Canadian content. So it's low budget crap.
                    God forbid the poisonous American culture invade Canadian society, causing mass unrest and total societal breakdown.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Not all CanCon is crap. 4 on the floor and This Hour Has 22 minutes are both excruciatingly funny.
                      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I don't even know what 4 on the floor is, and 'This Hour has 22 Minutes' is very very British in style...if you like that kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          God forbid the poisonous American culture invade Canadian society, causing mass unrest and total societal breakdown.
                          I think the actual impetus is they wanted to employ locals. If you've no avenue for Canadian actors, directors, musicians, etc to but in to the overpowering American culture, they wouldn't succeed.

Note that I don't agree with their logic. Pretty sure American tv shows/movies employ more Canadians than Canadian ones do, given how many of them film in Vancouver and Toronto.

Comment

I don't even know what 4 on the floor is, and 'This Hour has 22 Minutes' is very very British in style...if you like that kind of thing
                            British humour.

4 on the floor are also known as "The Frantics". I find it hard to believe that you call yourself a Canadian and have never heard of Mr. Canoehead.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I'm a true Canadian, not a British Colonial.

Personally I've never seen a Canadian show I could stand watching. The smarmyness of all of the Canadian comedy shows is nauseating.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X