Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    IIRC women make up about 52% of the population
    I think you were being a smart ass here. Minority not as in less than 50 percent in number, but also groups who historically have been disfranchised, discriminated against, and subordinated to the dominant group in power.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I bellyfeel your positiong that we must make goodspeak words to keep those nasties who oppose ingsoc down.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Men are smarter than women only because that's what women want us to believe.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
          @Ecofarm: Also youth actually are a minority. Unlike women.
          I see, this isn't about thinking about the issue for you (I truly don't believe that you are capable of that anyway), but instead about getting "points."
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
            The paper can be found here: http://eugenik.dk/static/bilag009.pdf

Helmut Nyborg took a peek at many other studies and tried to determine whether gender differences in IQ exist. He thinks that women do slightly better in verbal tests, men better on spatial, and in sum, men have an IQ advantage over women of between 3 and 8 points, his best number being around 7 points.

Men also have a wider dispersion of IQs than women. (This I've actually come across cited quite oftenly)

My own confusion came from the fact I had no idea of how one could possibly find if an IQ difference existed between men and women considering, if I recall correctly mean IQ was defined as being the same in both sexes intially and the tests where designed to refelct this (I'm trying to figure out where that factoid came from, so far no luck). Otherwise I've just started reading it and checking out his citations.

PS I just realized my posts are so 19th century. That totally made my day
            You obviously think that these studies say that you personally are smart.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

He's not that smart, but is far out of your league
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                He's not that smart, but is far out of your league
                I'm not that smart, but I say you're full of ****, because anyone who doesn't feel a strong compulsion to show how smart they are when they aren't very smart is smarter than someone who does have that compulsion. That's as obvious as the nose on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  No, he thinks that agreeing with these studies makes him smart.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm not that smart, but I say you're full of ****, because anyone who doesn't feel a strong compulsion to show how smart they are when they aren't very smart is smarter than someone who does have that compulsion. That's as obvious as the nose on your face.
                    It's idiotic statements like this which led me to my previous conclusion
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Kidicious seems to be unable to accept that there are people better at things than him, even if he may state otherwise. My analysis is that intellectual self-honesty escapes him at every turn.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        It's idiotic statements like this which led me to my previous conclusion
                        What's stupid is the way you conduct yourself. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has noticed that as you have gradually gotten more full of **** you have also gradually called people retards more. You call people retards who disagree with you and it doesn't matter how stupid someone is who agrees with you, you'll say they are smart.

Do you think no one notices these things? Not realizing that people notice obvious things is stupid.

Comment

You fail so terribly.

The types of studies you refer to, the kinds I have been posting latley... The best estimates I can get my hands on show the Slovenian average IQ to be around 95 normed to the British average and I have readily pointed this out in a previous thread where you ignored the OP and simply begun bashin with this same old tired appeal to motive argument.
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                          X