No announcement yet.

Nyborg: Men smarter than women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's have a thread where people put the tops and bottoms of their various lists. We could even cater to some posters and include power bottoms (whatever that means and no I do not wish to know).
    Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
      power bottoms (whatever that means and no I do not wish to know).
      it's rather self-explanatory, ecotard.

Comment

High school nicknames
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
          Don't Drake, Asher and KH have joint custody of the word ****?
          I have sole custody. I just let them visit on weekends.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
            No method can account for social programming, access to resources and inherent bias. Why is it a surprise to anyone that, in a world still owned and run by a majority, minorities score lower on intelligence tests?

I mean come on, people are willing to believe that 911 was an inside job, the moon landing was fake or alien evidence exists... yet, they think IQ tests are totally honest and manage to control for all bias across socio-economic cultures. What world do you people live in?

Amazing still that so many people question tests like this that prove any difference in gender or race, but accept unquestioningly when they show differences in age. Socio-economic bias must be controlled in those as well.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Wow Ozzy. The fact that the same person will get better at those tests as they mature doesn't mean anything to you?

Comment

You lose a lot of your mental flexibility and sharpness as you age. Most of this world's greatest scientific discoveries and breakthroughs are by people under 40.

But still, there is no reason not to balance things for socio-economic factors.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Don't Drake, Asher and KH have joint custody of the word ****?

It belongs to KH, but he's nice enough to let me use it. Asher prefers other terms, as far as I can tell. Ecotard is not allowed to use "****" and should stop immediately.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Ozzy, I'm not sure why you think socio-economic factors are going to cause 20 year olds to be better at iq tests than 10 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                      I think Krazyhorse has a more comprehensive list, I only classify the bottom of the heap.

The list could use an update.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

When I die I hope I'm remembered for that thread
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I hope I'm remembered for the thread where I cursed god for killing that poor Asian immigrant's family instead of Oerdin.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                            Amazing still that so many people question tests like this that prove any difference in gender or race, but accept unquestioningly when they show differences in age. Socio-economic bias must be controlled in those as well.
                            @Ecofarm: Also youth actually are a minority. Unlike women.
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                              I hope I'm remembered for the thread where I cursed god for killing that poor Asian immigrant's family instead of Oerdin.
                              Naw, that was just a copy of The Onion's "Someone died and it wasn't Glenn Beck". You need to work on your originality.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                                When I die I hope I'm remembered for that thread
                                Who says you are going to die?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X