Community Organising, Alinsky, Barack Obama, and Lucifer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aneeshm View Post
    You see nothing at all wrong with those "rules"? Nor with the fact that a man who claims to have cut his teeth feeding on resentment and hate (without accomplishing anything to show for it, mind you), and dangling hope as a carrot to manipulate people, is the President of your state?

(These are not rhetorical questions, by the way; I am genuinely curious in a horrified sort of way.)

EDIT: With respect to your last sentence, are you implicitly saying that the ends justify the means?
    STFU Indian.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

MRT
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Also, alisnky wrote the primer on internet trolling, FWIW.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Unbelievable!
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            So... Gandhi was a community organizer. His goals and tactics were no different. Was he an evil man?
            If he ran for office these days I'm sure the smear machine would get him.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
              No.
              QFT, FTW.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'm guessing people in India have a much greater fear of social disruption than we do. Mind you, I dislike rabble as much as the next elitist, but those rules sound like a dramatic rendering of ordinary political behavior which happens to take place on the local level. Maybe he just accidentally left out the rule about strangling hookers and planting their bodies in opposition headquarters?
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I think he's reading this too literally. He's not going to "kill" anyone with their own rules... just use the limitations of their own rules/morals against them. Btw, if you think this is different from anyone in the halls of power from D.C. to Wall Street to Moscow to Calcutta, I have some CDSs I think you'd be interested in buying.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That's nothing - I have a glacier in Florida for anyone who is interested.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                    X