No announcement yet.

Terrorist Volcano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ejacul volcano, got me stuck in Stockholm and forced to take ferry to Riga and bus to Vilnius. BUT:

- Met some friends on board;
    - Met Metallica, Gojira and Fear Factory in the karaoke bar;
    - Sang "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC, received applause from the Metallica table;
    - Drank some vodka and dined in the onboard Russian restaurant;
    - Received Kirk Hammet's signature;
    - Also Burton C. Bell's signature.

All in all, way better than a direct flight in a cramped Fokker plane + soggy pate sandwich.
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Looks like another case of unnecessary terrorist pants wetting. All too predictable.

The ash cloud that never was:
        How volcanic plume over UK was only a twentieth of safe-flying limit and blunders led to ban

The Mail on Sunday can today reveal the full extent of the shambles behind the great airspace shutdown that cost the airlines £1.3 billion and left 150,000 Britons stranded - all for a supposed volcanic ash cloud that for most of the five-day flights ban was so thin it was invisible.

As the satellite images of the so-called 'aerosol index' published for the first time, right, demonstrate, the sky above Britain was totally clear of ash from Iceland's Eyjafjallajoekull volcano.

Inquiries by this newspaper have disclosed that:

Attempts to measure the ash's density were hampered because the main aircraft used by the Meteorological Office for this purpose had been grounded as it was due to be repainted.

Computers at the Met Office, which earlier forecast a 'barbecue summer' last year and a mild winter for this year, produced a stream of maps predicting the ash would cover a vast area, eventually stretching from Russia to Newfoundland. But across almost all of it, there was virtually no ash at all, and none visible to satellites.

Though there was some ash over Britain at times during the ban, the maximum density measured by scientists was only about one twentieth of the limit that scientists, the Government, and aircraft and engine manufacturers have now decided is safe.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0m9ZY8V00

Met Office: AGW catastrophists, Volcano catastrophists, incompetent fools

Comment

See title (I already knew). I can't believe you didn't see it sooner, it was so obvious.
          Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Not to be out-done by the Times Square attempted-bomber...

Air passengers are facing further misery as the Icelandic volcanic ash cloud returned, causing Scotland and Ireland to restrict flights.

Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              Like a true brainless feminist studies major. Dur! The bra has great symbolic value!
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The wind has changed again and has grounded flights in Ireland and Scotland. This had better not affect my invasion plans of Berlin in just over a week...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

oh great. i hope it waits until this evening. i don't want to get stuck again ...
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Just wait till Katla blows...

Comment

IT CAN WAIT !!!!
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I'm fine after May.

Comment

Working...
                        X