No announcement yet.

Tea Party Capitol Video was Wrong Video - Racist Slurs May Still have Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the one that gets me. Where the hell were these people a couple years ago?

The economy wasn't in the ****ter a couple years ago, you morons. Lehman collapsed two months before Obama was elected, so it's no wonder he's had to deal with most of the popular anger resulting from the financial crisis and the subsequent economic troubles. He hasn't taken all of the blame, however, as the Tea Partiers have denounced TARP and other programs that were created in the final months of the Bush administration.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      That's the one that gets me. Where the hell were these people a couple years ago?
      This is a hard question to answer, but I know a lot of TPers who despised the Bush admin, and it's generally accepted (I think) that the TP formed out of disgust with the Bush administration not living up to its conservative rhetoric.

The TP is mostly repub, but I don't view them as a rapidly partisan, or especially anti-Obama movement. If Bush were starting his third term now, I think we'd still have a Tea Party today.

edit: also the theme in this thread that the TP is 'homogenous' is laughably inaccurate.

edit2: also what Drake said.

Comment

Right. Record budget deficits going nowhere but up and two wars put on the credit card and the finances weren't a problem pre-Obama.

Pull the other one.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The Tea Partiers are pissed about the financial crisis/recession and the bailouts/stimulus, you moron. You apparently know as much about the origins of the Tea Party as you know about the origins of the current situation in Afghanistan...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Obama's broken all the records in terms of budget deficits. Maybe deficit spending was a problem before but it's clearly more of a problem now.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Ah Drake. Where would you be without your insults?

edit - Speaking of the other thread - I'm still waiting for you to explain the ethnic composition of the insurgency. You ran off without clarifying what non-Pashtun group was behind that...
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Still much, much more intelligent and informed than you?
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I DanS'd you. Awaiting your answer in other thread.

Comment

I'm not going to track down an old thread in order to answer yet another stupid question of yours. I've already explained things to you several times and offered you advice on what reading you can do to better educate yourself. I feel like I've done enough.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I don't blame you. You did get spanked pretty bad.

Comment

It's cute that you think that.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

But the real beauty of it all Drake is that anyone else interested is free to pull it up and see it too. Internet debates are rarely about convincing the other guy.

Comment

I tried my best to convince the other guy, but the other guy was a stubborn and clueless ******.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

...and back where we started.

Does that pass for "intelligent" discourse in Nebraska?

Comment

Obama makes light of anti-tax protests

President Barack Obama said Thursday he's amused by the anti-tax tea party protests that have been taking place around Tax Day.

Obama told a fundraiser in Miami that he's cut taxes, contrary to the claims of protesters.

"You would think they'd be saying thank you," he said.

At that, many in the crowd at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts stood and yelled, "Thank you!"

He really has no shame.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X