No announcement yet.

The Political Razzies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps, but again, not restrictive enough. I'm looking for an award that can be given only to leaders of countries.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Does it really give you a hard-on to dump on Marie Antionette?
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well, if you mean in the sense of scat, no, I've never been into that. And she's been dead too long even for "necro-scat." I'm really not that adventurous, the most I'd be willing to try would be perhaps light bondage with Marie Antoinette. Maybe cosplay, if she played as "a person not 200+ years dead."
        1011 1100

Comment

To be fair, MA gets a bad rap. She didn't really say "Let them eat cake!" Her supposed extra disdain for the poor is largely myth.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yeah, I seem to recall hearing something like that. She's largely a placeholder.
            1011 1100

Comment

Leona Helmsley, perhaps?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                Napoleon was generally civilized to conquered peoples,
                Uhmmmmm.......... You'd be surprised. Remember Napoleon got his first big chance to make a name for himself when he secured crowd control on the streets of Paris by giving unruly citoyens a whiff of grapeshot. There is a famous Goya painting of a group of French soldiers executing a bunch of Spanish peasants. Scholars figure the total dead in the French Revolutionary / Napoleonic Wars at around 10 million, which is impressive when you consider that Europe's total population was less than 1/4 th it's population in 1914.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Napoleon also had a penchant for abandoning his own troops in far-flung places (Egypt, Haiti).
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I was calling him civilized by comparison to Genghis Khan. How many cities did Napoleon annihilate (outside the course of a battle)?
                    1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                    X