Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Far-right indoctrination in Texas schools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They stay teetering on the brink and are saved by begging. Far from? Who is the dumbass. chump?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      I'm still waiting for Patty to respond to this.

I'm not sure which would be worse - the fact that Patty was ignorant about Carver's more significant contributions to America, or that Patty did know about the other contributions but wanted to deliberately lie about Carver's role in our country's history with his dumb peanut butter remark.
      God you are such a brown noser

I am not ignorant of what other things Carver did, they are simply irrelevant to my point. Relative to a thousand other inventors in American history, Carver is of no particular significance. He is mentioned because he was black, and that’s it. If you are ignorant of that then you are just an idiot. He was a smart guy, but he is not important enough to be included over others or fawned over as an equal to the greatest innovators especially given the limited breath of a general class textbook.

And how did I lie?
      Last edited by Patroklos; March 18, 2010, 11:31.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

If it was not widely known that peanuts fix nitrogen in the soil (legume) at the time of the crop's popularization by Carver, then he did something very significant. I dare say, most significant for agriculture during that time period.

I don't know history... I'm largely guessing.

There's a big difference between "got people to like peanuts and invented peanut butter" and "revolutionized crop rotation, soil nutrition and thus yield for millions of acres while also presenting a commercially viable processing for the crop".
        Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
          God you are such a brown noser

I am not ignorant of what other things Carver did, they are simply irrelevant to my point. Relative to a thousand other inventors in American history, Carver is of no particular significance. He is mentioned because he was black, and that’s it. If you are ignorant of that then you are just an idiot. He was a smart guy, but he is not important enough to be included over others or fawned over as an equal to the greatest innovators especially given the limited breath of a general class textbook.

And how did I lie?
          Lying by ommission is still a lie.

Thanks for playing.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It was widly known, all he did was help spread it through the South. It was actually just exporting methods that had already been developed and used in Iowa and he was just one of many doing so.

Again smart, but not unique of mind bogglingly impressive.

His only real original claim to fame where he deserves all credit was the development of products that could be created from peanuts and sweet potatoes to help farmers be more self sufficient. He has only a handful of patents from this work. He was also active in creating new types of peanut and sweet potatoe plants lines.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I still don't see why it's evil to have Carver in our textbooks. His contribution is not comparable to Edison or Ford (which by way, I am not claiming), but nothing wrong with giving Carver a good mention.

Comment

Lying by ommission is still a lie.

Thanks for playing.
                Your batting out of your league Mr. Fun.

You did know that his crop rotation and field nitrofication was not an innovation of Carver's, right? Oh, you didn't

Comment

I still don't see why it's evil to have Carver in our textbooks. His contribution is not comparable to Edison or Ford (which by way, I am not claiming), but nothing wrong with giving Carver a good mention.
                  I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I was simply pointing out that things are included in text books that are not always the most important things or people in our history. This is for myraid reasons.

You apparently think its stupid to include a speech from Davis opposite one by Lincoln in the Civil War section (one of the Texas proposals), I think its stupid to spend time on Carver. Is there really a difference? What is not getting mentioned because of that page devoted to Carver?

Seriously, rap music? Is it THAT important to history that it should sideline something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                    I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, I was simply pointing out that things are included in text books that are not always the most important things or people in our history. This is for myraid reasons.

You apparently think its stupid to include a speech from Davis opposite one by Lincoln in the Civil War section (one of the Texas proposals), I think its stupid to spend time on Carver. Is there really a difference? What is not getting mentioned because of that page devoted to Carver?

Seriously, rap music? Is it THAT important to history that it should sideline something else?
                    No, there is nothing stupid in including at least one of Jefferson Davis' speeches. In fact, we SHOULD include this, along with other statements/speeches made by Confederate leaders. It will more clearly illustrate the real reason why the Southern states seceded from the Union (preservation of slavery).

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                      California lets each school district decide on its own text books so the result is lots of small orders instead of one big one like in Texas.
                      The publishers still write the textbooks for LAUSD. They aren't going to try to create textbooks for small districts.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                        California lets each school district decide on its own text books so the result is lots of small orders instead of one big one like in Texas.
                        That's kinda why I used CA as the example. If they created a unified district, it would overwhelm tiny Texas.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Texas doesn't have a unified school district, che. It has unified school districts. Towns. Cities. Not the state.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• EVERYONE DUCK!! Those rolling eyes can shoot deadly beams!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              Texas doesn't have a unified school district, che. It has unified school districts. Towns. Cities. Not the state.
                              Everything in Texas isn't big?
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Texas just has larger class sizes due to repeaters.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X