Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank forecloses on wrong house; owners told tough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a massive screw up and to make it worse they were so arrogant about it. A disabled vet in California had his house wrongly foreclosed on by Wells Fargo when it was his neighbor in his apartment complex who owed money to Wells Fargo not him. The poor guy spent years trying to convince Wells Fargo they had made a mistake and that he never even had a mortgage from Wells Fargo but undeterred by little facts like that they actually foreclosed on him, kicked him out, and sold his house to someone else all while he was legally challenging the proceedings as wrong. Two years after he wrongly got removed from his home he was in court contesting the foreclosure when he actually died while sitting in court listening to Wells Fargo lawyers claiming he shouldn't get any damages for the harm they'd caused him.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• BofA screwed me once. Threatened to put me on CheckSystem if I didn't pay them something like $300 I shouldn't have to have paid them. I didn't pay and couldn't get a checking account for 10 yrs or something.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        http://www.laweekly.com/2013-03-07/n...arry-delassus/

What a massive screw up and to make it worse they were so arrogant about it. A disabled vet in California had his house wrongly foreclosed on by Wells Fargo when it was his neighbor in his apartment complex who owed money to Wells Fargo not him. The poor guy spent years trying to convince Wells Fargo they had made a mistake and that he never even had a mortgage from Wells Fargo but undeterred by little facts like that they actually foreclosed on him, kicked him out, and sold his house to someone else all while he was legally challenging the proceedings as wrong. Two years after he wrongly got removed from his home he was in court contesting the foreclosure when he actually died while sitting in court listening to Wells Fargo lawyers claiming he shouldn't get any damages for the harm they'd caused him.
        Try them for manslaughter.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          http://www.laweekly.com/2013-03-07/n...arry-delassus/

What a massive screw up and to make it worse they were so arrogant about it. A disabled vet in California had his house wrongly foreclosed on by Wells Fargo when it was his neighbor in his apartment complex who owed money to Wells Fargo not him. The poor guy spent years trying to convince Wells Fargo they had made a mistake and that he never even had a mortgage from Wells Fargo but undeterred by little facts like that they actually foreclosed on him, kicked him out, and sold his house to someone else all while he was legally challenging the proceedings as wrong. Two years after he wrongly got removed from his home he was in court contesting the foreclosure when he actually died while sitting in court listening to Wells Fargo lawyers claiming he shouldn't get any damages for the harm they'd caused him.
          It sucks, but it was also compounded by a couple of things on his side - first, regardless of the changed bill, he should never have stopped paying the mortgage according to the correct amount. Second, his lawyer neighbor/friend who was a business litigator but not a mortgage attorney should have gotten qualified help, and they could have then found out the botched APN much earlier than 8 months after the fact. Rather than wait for Wells Fargo to foreclose, they should have sued for declaratory relief and quiet title and would have been able to recoup costs and attorney's fees (most mortgages explicitly allow prevailing party costs, even if they only allow attorney's fees to the lender if the lender sues, courts often interpret those clauses as prevailing party intent if the borrower has to sue under the mortgage and is successful.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            BofA screwed me once. Threatened to put me on CheckSystem if I didn't pay them something like $300 I shouldn't have to have paid them. I didn't pay and couldn't get a checking account for 10 yrs or something.
            Should have opened the other account first while stringing BofA along, before they put you on ChexSystems.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Sounds like a pretty solid argument to make that they did him harm - dying on the stand...
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
              X